Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Duy from Injen Technology, just wanted to say hi and let you guys know that I'm on this forum to help answer any questions you may have in regards to Injen products.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] with questions or inquiries.

Cheers

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks Duy!

My questions concerning CAIs in general are:

How easy to install. Do I have to cut or drill anything.
How easy to re-install stock airbox. Say something like my alternator dies, and I do not what my dealer to see the CAI due to warranty issues. How fast can I reinstall.

Water getting sucked up causing engine damage. For example check out the bottom of this site:

http://www.coximport.com/injen/

*Injen Technology Cold Air Intake Systems should be removed in any wet climates or on any wet roads or highways.

They are not taking stream crossing, just ‘wet roads’.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How easy to install. Do I have to cut or drill anything.How easy to install. Do I have to cut or drill anything.
How easy to re-install stock airbox. Say something like my alternator dies, and I do not what my dealer to see the CAI due to warranty issues. How fast can I reinstall
Hey David,
To answer your questions, the installation time depends on the how mechanically inclined you are. Since everyone is at a different level, I would say the apporximate install time is about an hour and half. Most of which is the removal of the stock system.

There is no drilling or cutting involved, as our systems are direct bolt on replacements. Which makes installation very straight forward.

To reinstall, just reverse your process of installation and you should have no problems. :)

Water and CAI are a common concern. Our system for the Murano actually sits at about 2 feet high. Therefore, only submerge conditions would drastically effect the engine. All of our systems are generally designed to sit about the door jam of the vehicle.

Coximport, has a general disclaimer for their protection as most companies often have. We state what the product is intended for and if the owner decides to do otherwise, we can not take liability for misuse.

Hope that helps! I know you would be very pleased with the system, it made some great numbers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easily converts into Short Ram
With the Nissan Murano Intake, it comes as a two section system. Allowing you to use it as a short ram or as a full cold air system. Many of our users are residing in wet climate, so this system is unique where if it concerns you to a point, you may convert it to a short ram without sacrificing power.

So to answer you question, Yes. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is there any way you could post a bigger dyno sheet than the one that is already on the forum. It's kinda hard to read and Im having difficulty reading the torque curve. Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure, let me see what I can do and I'll have it up asap!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I guess this begs the question, if there no loss of power with the short ram setup, why go the long ram way?

And do you have any comments going the short ram way how you compare to the Jim Wolf Pop-charger which is basicly a short ram setup but cost $95.

Thanks

injentech said:

With the Nissan Murano Intake, it comes as a two section system. Allowing you to use it as a short ram or as a full cold air system. Many of our users are residing in wet climate, so this system is unique where if it concerns you to a point, you may convert it to a short ram without sacrificing power.

So to answer you question, Yes. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
A dyno comparing the two would only be the real truth. By nature, longer intake runners provide more torque at the sacrifice of 1 or 2 HP. Injen-rep should agree with this one....but it's just an educated guess/input on my behalf. This motor may respond different.:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if you take a look at the Jim Wolf pop charger, its essentially replaces the stock box with a filter and adapter plate. Thats all you're really paying for, as opposed to our aluminum piping which removes the stock tubing that can be damaged over time due to heat. Our intake systems are high engineered. We could have easily came out with a similar design as the Jim Wolf, but we felt our system was a better option. Please, don't get me wrong, Jim Wolf makes great products, but we are definitely excited about the Murano's system. Not only does our system perform, it enhances the aesthetics of your engine bay.

CAI will generally produce more power than short rams due to amount of air intake and flow. Our system compliments the buyer by allowing them to interchange between two system based on preference. I mentioned, without sacrificing power, meaning that with the short ram conversion you will still see notable gains, but as a cold air, you will see a bit more :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Injentech - what is the cost of a CAI for the Murano?

Anychance of a group buy discount?

What colors do they come in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, unfortunately we do not sell to the public, so the best thing to do is to contact your local authorized Injen dealer and see if they are willing to put together a group buy. I'm pretty sure they'll be more than happy to help you out! MSRP $350 for Polished (available now)and black powder coat will be availble in a couple of weeks for $360 MSRP. Again, please contact your local dealer for retail pricing! :)

·
Super Secret Member
31 Posts
CAI will generally produce more power than short rams due to amount of air intake and flow.
Injentech, I was wondering if the CAI's increased airflow caused the check engine light to come on?

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Himself said:

Injentech, I was wondering if the CAI's increased airflow caused the check engine light to come on?
so far, my blower (at over 9lbs of boost) has not....

i only got a CEL once, when i had some boost creep (due to a misadjust on my bov)

sorry for jumpin on the answer, but i always wondered the same, and found out when i went FI

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ok, so obviously power and torque are up using the CAI. But what about the noise level? I have the feeling that cranking up the power on this side of the firewall will end up adding many DBs on the other side.

I know that my stage-5 Stillen 300Z TT was already quite louder just after stage 1 (K&N double air intake) but the car had a different purpose and quietness was not expected nor desired as it is in the Murano.

Anyone installed it yet?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I can almost guarantee you will hear a noticeable growl at higher engine speeds, or WOT. This is because the stock resonator is removed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Injentech -

Is this statement true that I found on a site?

Injen Technology ensures that
overboost.com
has met all criteria to be an Injen Authorized Web Dealer. This logo ensures that you are buying an authentic Injen Technology Product, backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Important Note: Injen Technology only offers warranty and support on Injen products purchased from an "Authorized Dealer". No exceptions.
I have found your CAI system offered for much less at other sites then the one mentioned above. But they do not state that they are " Injen Authorized Web Dealers".

1 - 20 of 42 Posts