Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a simple mod that will let you enter input into the NAV while driving in the FX 35/45 and the 350Z. I was wondering if anyone had the wiring diagram of the Murano's Navigation system. My wife has a Murano and I would love to be able to do this mod on the Murano. One more thing, is there anyone here that knows how to get to the back of the navigation to access the wires. Here is the link that describes how to do this mod in the FX.

Instructions for FX

·
Registered
149 Posts
looks like I am gonna hve some fun tomorrow :) will post the results :)

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
The FX forums also mention "nav-tv". Is that a possibilty for the Mo?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Did you get your NAV to work while driving?

·
4,664 Posts
malaycobra said:
The FX forums also mention "nav-tv". Is that a possibilty for the Mo?
Yes.

·
4,664 Posts
Blue350ZCali said:
There is a simple mod that will let you enter input into the NAV while driving in the FX 35/45 and the 350Z. I was wondering if anyone had the wiring diagram of the Murano's Navigation system. My wife has a Murano and I would love to be able to do this mod on the Murano. One more thing, is there anyone here that knows how to get to the back of the navigation to access the wires. Here is the link that describes how to do this mod in the FX.

Instructions for FX
For $19.99 you can subscribe to www.nissan-techinfo.com and view the service manual for any recent Nissan product, as well as log into www.infiniti-techinfo.com and view the infiniti's While viewing the service manual in Acrobat, save each section to disk.

Make sure you understand how to save a file while viewing it in Acrobat, before you subscribe. Practice on the owners manual which is accessable for free.

Then you'll have it at your fingertips. Well worth $20 (minus one cent).

I expect the Mod would work, as many of the components are identical.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has someone done for 2003 Murano? If yes, please let me know where can I find the "grey" connector and how to get to it. Pictures will be great!!

Thanks

·
4,664 Posts
shaistasohail said:
Has someone done for 2003 Murano? If yes, please let me know where can I find the "grey" connector and how to get to it. Pictures will be great!!

Thanks
Thanks for the PM on this. The Nav unit is buried deep within the console and a royal pain to get to, as you have remove a fair bit.

The alternative is to go to the other end of this wire at the display control unit's Pin 16. This might be slightly more accessable, but still not easy to get to. Since I don't have Nav, I can't really judge how bad it is...

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Seems like we just need to do is interrupt the signal that feds motion data into the nav and it thinks you are stopped and thefore you can "adjust the NAV" so a series switch that opens and closes works, closed moving, open stopped. GRIP :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts