Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

No biggie but just wondering How to fix this....Every time I get in the Murano and turn on the air its on the "Inside Air or Recirculating Mode" and its usually so hot it there that it doesn't help recirculating Hot air. How do I keep it on "Outside Air" the button with the arrow coming from outside the car. I have tried turning the car off with the air still on, tried the dual button on and off and then starting the car, A/C button is always ON, Auto button I've tried it with it on and off..

Like I say, its no BIG problem but it just gets on my nerves having to remember half way down the road wondering why its not getting cool in there and I have to push the other button in.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that..

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Don't understand the question I guess.

Because if AC is required, "Recirculating" is the most efficent method of cooling the car.
That's why Nissan (And every other manufacturer that I have ever seen) starts up the "climate Control" in recirculating mode.
It's a closed loop systrem that will output air about 20 degrees cooler than input .......and then input that cooler air.
After it achieves the set temp, you can always intrduce some warmer, but fresher, outside air.

Most of the time we find that people who do not understand/agree with the system have never had climate comtrol.
Manual AC works differently and normally will start up in the mode it was in when you shut things down.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I agree with Homer. If its really really hot, your vehicle interior will cool the quickest if your AC is set to recirculate (thereby cooling air that is already cooled by the AC the first time around). In fact on some older American cars, there was no recirc button, but the "Max AC" setting did the same thing. It does help if you open the windows for a minute or two in the beginning to blow the hot air out if you have a dark interior (and it really is hotter inside than outside).

Pickles, if you really want outside air, you could always press the outside air button. It will cancel out the automatic function though, but its a way to get a combination of outside air and AC.

You will notice though, that with auto on, the system will eventually switch from recirc to outside air after you've been driving for a while (for me, 30 minutes or more) and the interior temperature has settled. I think the reasoning behind this is that leaving it on recirc for extended periods leads to stale air.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Coming from a tropical country like Singapore I think I know what Pickles meant. If the car is baked under the sun for 3-4 hours, the inside temperature can be very much higher than the outside. So, the system will take longer to cool down the car.

What I usually do is to open up all the windows and let the temp. "balance" out before closing it. But with the no. of cars on the road here, it is not healthy to have outside air circulating in the car so I have always kept recirculating the air.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
That is what I do too. When I get into the car, I open all the windows and let the inside hot air out while I speed up (about 30 seconds) and then close the windows and hit the "auto" button. Depending on the inside temperature, the system will switch to outside air after a little while. Mine usually happens in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes this is normall. I don't know the temp delta but when there is a big delta between inside and outside temp the MO set the AC to recirc. After the temp gets closers and at about 3-4???? bars of reduced fan speed the recirc opens back up to the outside air.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Living in the Middle East where the temperature in the summer can easily reach in excess of 50c inside the MO (and outside come to think of it). I always open the sunroof when getting in; the A/C is always on. This allows the hot air to rise out of the roof and the temperature seems to drop much quicker than if I keep the sunroof closed. Moreover, the A/C is set to recirculate all the time.

Additionally, if I remember correctly you can adjust the A/C’s auto mode (see owners handbook) to be in either mode recirculate or drawing air from the outside when you press 'auto'?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Phil, I think that this auto mode is specific to us without dual climate control....I prefer the outside air mode as internal gets so smelly, though it is guite handy when driving behind a london Bus or taxi...

·
Registered
86 Posts
dejongj

Yes, think your correct this only works on the dual climate system? Will check the handbook later. (We have the dual systems).

Don’t have that problem (buses etc.) just camels in the back of Toyota pick ups and the odd diesel truck that should have been retired years & years ago.

Have you tried one of those de-ionisers? Fit into the electric sockets; have ours connected in the luggage space all the time; works a treat.

PS: Did you get a Bug & stone Guard?

·
Registered
241 Posts
de-ioniser? Have to look into that one...

Didn't get the guard yet, was too late for our holiday, so I've left it for know...

·
Registered
1 Posts
(De-ionisers? Fit into the electric sockets; have ours connected in the luggage space all the time; works a treat.)

Did you mean a negative ion generator? Some come with ozone geneartion and some without. I'd be interested to know a little more about what you are using.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Dual climate control (aka North America) vehicles have an auto switch as well. You can prevent the AC from coming on if you turn off auto. You can hit the AC button with auto on, and for that particular trip the climate control will work without the AC. But the moment you hit auto again, AC will be back to automatic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I actually ment the auto circulator versus fresh air switch...There is a partical meter or whatever it is called and when it gets 'smelly' outside it automatically switches to circulate only and goes back to external when it is considered fine again...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
dejongj said:
I actually ment the auto circulator versus fresh air switch...There is a partical meter or whatever it is called and when it gets 'smelly' outside it automatically switches to circulate only and goes back to external when it is considered fine again...
Ah I see! Yeah not sure if the NA vehicles have it. Wish it did though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not used to the auto. I'm used to opening the windows and turning on the a/c and letting the outside air come in. I only use the recirc for when I'm behind a bus with diesel fuel. I guess I'll have to read the book again on how to use this. Yes, I always thought the recirc would just recirculate hot air.

You learn something new everyday or I DID!!! Thank YOU, I'll try letting the inside recirculate for a while and see how it goes.

Hope everyone has or had a GREAT Memorial Day!! and Thank YOU to all our veterans out there.

:29: :claphead:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Pickles, do a search for auto. I wrote something up once. Auto is really "full auto" and even with auto not selected the MO is still in semi auto mode.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts