Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a constant problem of the inside of our windsheild frosting up. We need to spend 10-15 minutes with the defrost on before we can leave on cold days. Has anyone had this happen and have you foudn a solution?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
cabsa2 said:
We are having a constant problem of the inside of our windsheild frosting up. We need to spend 10-15 minutes with the defrost on before we can leave on cold days. Has anyone had this happen and have you foudn a solution?
cabsa2-

Do you park the car at night with the windows rolled down?:D

Seriously, make sure the Fresh Air button is illuminated. This will ensure dry outside air is circulated in the cabin when driving. There will be significantly less moisture to condense and freeze on the window at night.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
By hitting defrost the system defaults to AC and outside air. Unless you are manually overriding these settings, it shouldn't take that long to defog the windshield.

·
Registered
842 Posts
cabsa2 said:
I agree with all above but you may also want to take a dry cloth and wipe off some of the moisture that has accumulated inside the car window. The only other way to stop the windows from fogging is to quit breathing inside the car.

Nice to see another Calgarian on this site. Yee Ha:2: :2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this same problem for several days after I took the Murano in for a car wash. They "washed" the carpeted floor mats and they were quite damp. I have not had the problem since the car had a chance to dry out.

cheers,

broettge

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I would say in general leave the fresh air vent open as much as possible.

You car may fog up if there was a lot of moisture in the car and running the AC. Then if you came back out to your car but did NOT turn on the AC the moisture in the evaporator will cause the car to fog up. Was that happening?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
cabsa2 said:
Are you still experiencing the problem??

-njjoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts