Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Murano SE AWD, I have a trunk rattle sound that happens when I go over bumps. I checked the trunk hydralic bars, they seem fine...I have been to the dealer and they say its fine ....

Any1 have this experience?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have an 03 and the only noise I had was the cargo cover which I added some felt. If noone can find it, find a friend and toss them in the trunk. Let them listen for it and find it.

I hate rattles, its the only way to find 'em. Look in my gallery for places I've places foam/felt to silence the MO.

One other thing to check, make sure the rear seatbelt buckle is not touching anything "hard". Sometime they hit near the wheel well and cause a loud noise unless probperly secured with the clip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hype-r-29 said:
I have a 2003 Murano SE AWD, I have a trunk rattle sound that happens when I go over bumps. I checked the trunk hydralic bars, they seem fine...I have been to the dealer and they say its fine ....

Any1 have this experience?

Tried it..my friend is saying is surely coming from the trunk inside....any ideas?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
hype-r-29-

Please clarify. When you say "trunk" do you mean the rear area aft of the rear seats, or are you talking about the liftgate?

-njjoe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Inside Trunk Rattle!!

hype-r-29 said:

Tried it..my friend is saying is surely coming from the trunk inside....any ideas?

well I hear more from the liftgate either paneling or something inside

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Ahhh, now we are getting somewhere.

There are two panels on the interior-side of the liftgate. You can pop them off and see if there is anything loose inside.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will have to try mine as well the rattle is getting annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts