Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had experience installing an OEM SL BOSE 6 CD Changer to a Basic Non Bose no tape deck radio? Can this be done? Are the connections the same?

Also .... will a 2005 radio work with a 2006 Murano Information center display? My MO 2006 has the new color LCD not the old amber one thats were I am wondering if there will be a problem?

I want to install PAC but since I dont have a satellite ready radio in my S series I dont think it will work....... any ideas?

·
4,601 Posts
ucfjoey said:
I was wondering if anyone had experience installing an OEM SL BOSE 6 CD Changer to a Basic Non Bose no tape deck radio? Can this be done? Are the connections the same?
The Bose depends on an external power amp. You can do it, but it will require modification of the wiring harness.

Also .... will a 2005 radio work with a 2006 Murano Information center display? My MO 2006 has the new color LCD not the old amber one thats were I am wondering if there will be a problem?
I can only guess here, that the radio sends the data to the display, which figures out how it will display it. Since the radio went through some changes in 2006 (front panel buttons are rearranged) then it's quite likely there's been some software changes as well. It may work, and it may have issues. Don't know, unless you try it.

I want to install PAC but since I dont have a satellite ready radio in my S series I dont think it will work....... any ideas?
All the previous radios had the connector to allow a satellite radio installation. I expect yours is likely to as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ... so are you telling me the stock basic NON-Bose Radios that do not have a SAT button have been able to install PAC in the past and are still satellitle ready?

·
4,601 Posts
None of the 2006's have a SAT button. They hid it in the whatever it's called now, button. Mode? I'd have to go look...

Anyway, they changed it so there is no SAT button, and if the radio doesn't detect one, you can't switch to it. But if it does, then it will appear as a source.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That's Great News. Yes I just read in the manual that the RADIO button controls the modes AM > FM > SAT (if detected) I am going to try and put the PAC in today, I will let you know. BTW... nice website! The pics are great, tells me where all the screws are. Thanks for your help...

·
4,601 Posts
You're welcome... I've had to carefully track screws, ever since I was told in High School that I had one loose.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't work, but it would be good to hear back on the outcome just to confirm it to anyone else looking to do the same.

The Pac emulates the Sat receiver, so the radio shouldn't know the difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news, I installed the PAC and it works great with my 06 NON-Bose system using the RADIO button. I am very happy with the sound quality from my new IPOD video.

I bought a great accessory which keeps the cables looking clean. I ran my rca cable from the pac device under my center counsel. Then I plug the cable to the Belkin Auto Kit. I get great volume and clear sound since I am using the Dock connection.

Belkin Auto Kit for iPod w/ Dock Connector

Part # F8V7058-APL

Thanks for your help JAAK. Great website you have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts