Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you are talking about a US model Murano, you can't. Your AC/heat/ etc are integrated with the radio. I've seen installs where another head unit was installed under the existing unit and the stock one left where it is but unused. Most Murano owners that upgrade their audio do so around the stock head unit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what

you said IN the radio, the AC control is IN the radio

WTF ????

we can buy a pac unit to change the radio..

i just UNPLUG the radio...

so..

·
Registered
25 Posts
What bluzrip means is the head unit and climate control are on the same PCB, so you cannot take out the head unit if you still want AC or heat in your car. You can certainly connect a PAC unit to hook it to an external amp or you can install a second head unit and bypass the existing one. Either way, you have to leave the stock radio in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
euhh

i understand, but I remove the radio, and I just see TWO connectors on the radio, i dont want to remove the screen, I just want to put another deck !

there's only 2 independant connector behind the radio !

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: euhh

elerico said:
i understand, but I remove the radio, and I just see TWO connectors on the radio, i dont want to remove the screen, I just want to put another deck !

there's only 2 independant connector behind the radio !
Check out the last picture on the non-nav display page. This is what the circuit board looks like behind the radio\climate control panel. This is why you cannot remove the stock radio.

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/Main.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Murano Kit

The kit does not exist yet....but I have made one that works. The climate controls will continue to function and you will not lose the heated seat controls as some other have when installing an aftermarket head unit. Best of all...it can be returned to factory condition should you get rid of the vehicle. If you live in the Chicago area, I can do the install and modification for you. Check out the pic and for more info contact me at [email protected]

Martin

More Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chitown_boriquen/my_photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Murano Kit

P.S. To the aftermarket companies out there, like Metra, Scosche & others. I have already submitted the patent paperwork for this installation kit and currently have a poor man's pantent on it. If you are interested in the specs, please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone found a way to convert the US version of the Murano radio to the Asian/Canadian version? I know they have a conversion kit for the Infiniti G35...I'm hoping they have something like that for the Murano as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Taino i was wondering if you can post the steps of how you did it. Because im very interested in doing something like this in my MO. Thanks a lot!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts