Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the sat radio in your 04?
Was it easy and was everything where it was suppose to be?
I.E. the harness near the Bose amp?
I looked for it and could not see it over there. Is it tucked away?

I am buying sat in the next month and going to install myself.
Just wondering.
Thanks
J

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed a Sirius radio in my '04 last month after reading up on it here in the forum. Lots of great tips and pictures available. It was a fairly simple job. You probably can't see the plug because it's folded back and tied to the main harness to hold it in place. You'll need to cut the wire tie and straighten out the harness to plug it in to the radio. See:
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=209

If my link copying didn't work, it's the first topic in the Audio and Electronics forum.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Clane.
I am going to do it myself.
How long did it take ya?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I spent about 2.5 hours, but I was in no hurry. The hardest part is the antenna wiring, but that's only because it's a little tough to work in some of the tight spots. Nothing overly difficult and it's well worth it.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Chuck,

Noticed you are a Murano owner who has taken the step of installing the Sat. I also noticed you are in Roswell, GA. Greetings from Alpharetta! I am a non-handy person who wants Sat but I love my Murano way too much to trust myself with the install. If you feel confident and want to make some cash I'd like to talk to see how you'd feel about hooking me up. Let me know if you'd be interested. If not, its good to know I'll probably pass you on the road in Fulton County.

DW

·
4,664 Posts
Hi alphamo, I stuck a (dot) in place of your . in the email address so the web machines won't harvest it and start sending you junk email.

As far as PM'ing, that's something this forum supports and is integrated into the system, so it's a good way to pass info offline.

You would see any new private messages (PM's) when you go to the home page of the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts