Nissan Murano Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nissan Quality

hfelknor,
I guess I must be the lucky one. Have had no problems with my M-0, 96 Maxima, 2k Maxima. Like you I love it more everyday. Even the SAT thing was no problem because at the time I purchased my M-O I could care less about SAT radio. Because of all the complaining about it spiked my curiousity. I just installed it last night and I love it!!!! It was very easy to install with all the instuctions posted here.
I have 15,000 miles on my M-O and the gas milage is getting better and better. I avg. 21.8 at between 70-80MPH Highway 300-500 mile trip. When I avg 60-65 I get 23.4 MPG. No rattles, No CVT slippages. Now remember this is a first year vechicle and yes its Japanese/French. My father always told me dont buy the 1st year of a new car. So its a given that it takes a little longer to get parts. Nissan dealers are not stocking up on Murano alternators ect because its very rare that one goes out so soon. Hope you enjoy your M-O once the engines broken in!! Look on the brightside at least your not one of the people that were holding out for the new Infinity QX56.... They missed the boat on that one BIGTIME. At least the Armada sales will skyrocket!!!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Chancie23 said:
OK Homer, so you think we're a bunch of screw ups do you? (I'm an accessory engineer for Nissan and I kind of take it personally) Then why did you buy the car? As for the Satellite radio thing, there is only ONE guy in our accessory group right now who handles the satellite radio for every Nissan and Infiniti in the U.S. He's churning them out as fast as he can but there are only 24 hours in a day. As for the chrome wheels, do you have any clue just how much testing they must go through? I'd guess not.
Thanks for proving my point.
There is ONE guy in a corp the size of Nissan working on the SAT radio project?:rolleyes:

The chrome wheels are the stock wheels.
Any additional testing was completed before the first wheel shipped. The first wheel shipped at least 9 months ago. The problem is manufacturing/distribution/marketing.

I'm sorry. There are no excuses in business. Yes Nissan has a bunch of screwups working for them. And it probably starts in the Frenchmans office.
OTOH, the corp would be a corpse if it weren't for him and all those lovely french francs.
But they are VERY profitable now, and there is no need to cut payroll so far to the bone that entire departments are ineffective.

And as to the challenging "why did I buy the car"?

As I said in the post. I like the car. duh.
What I don't like is "some" of the engineering, the manufacturing, and the marketing.
Esp the marketing.
We have a word for it here in the US when you market somethig you don't have.

I've been pretty lucky too ---j-----.
And like you, I recognize that it apparently is luck.
I only continue to have the Brake Squeal problem. The dealer and I are having little luck in seeing eye to eye on this. They now admit to having "several" complaints and no real fix. The are pressuring NNA for a fix, but they admit that that may not have any positive outcome.
I DID have the famous "popping" noise (From the B pillar I think) but it went away. :) just like that, it came and just like that it went. Weird sound. I think there is a fix for this one but of course the tech has to hear it.

BTW did I see that every 3.5 L V6 ever made has to be recalled?
Well actually there are 2.5 million of them, I don't know that that is all of them.
Seems to be some sensor "in" the motor?
I wonder what that could be?
I know of sensors that "control" the motor.
I know of sensors "On" the motor.
But a sensor IN the motor?
Anybody have any ideas?

BTW it is not at all clear at this point that this recall affects the Murano, but don't be surprised, or disappointed, if it does.
"Most" recalls don't bother me. I mean what can you do when you find out a part from one of your suppliers fails prematurely, etc?
So, I see a Recall as a Fix and i think Fixes are good things.
Of course you CAN have too much of a good thing. ;)

Homer

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ion AlloY?

Homer did you get your stock wheels alloyed? I have an extra set of OEM wheels and tires for my M-O I picked up awhile back. Can I get those chromed?

As far as things going wrong....One thing I failed to mention. The Oxygen Sensors (or least on the Maxima's) many go out after 40,000 miles. There are two on a Maxima and I think the same on the M-O. YOU CANNOT purchase the proper sensor anywhere accept through Nissan Parts. They are also the most expensive in the market. You owning lots of Domestic cars in your past know that when a sensor went bad you could go to Advance Auto Parts, NAPA or the locally owned store and pick one up for about $20.00 at the most. Nissan wants anywhere from $125.00 to 220.00 for each one. And like clock work they go out at 40,000 - 60,000 miles. Guess its not that bad if its the only thing you have to pay for but its a $20.00 part!!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nevermind

Saw the Ion Wheel in the gallery of Pictures very nice. You should peel that SAT sticker off your dash and send it back to Nissan with pictures of you newly installed XM Harness.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
----j---------you can get those wheels chromed.
there are several services that do it. Google it.

That's really what i wanted.
Probably why I am so sensitive about it.
It started with me trying to order the Chrome Wheels (In the accesory Brochure) from Nissan when I bot the car.
No dice. (I understand NOW why the dealer wouldn't go down that road!).
Then I ordered a set (And paid for them) thru the parts depts.
I was too naive (At age 65!_ at that point to think there would be a problem.
Shoot, this was the second time I had ordered Chromed wheels when I bot the car..............Ford and Chrysler.
After a couple of weeks I caled them and asked what the heck was going on, I also checked here and saw that people had been witing for months! Houston, we have a problem.
It was impossible at that time for me to have MY stock wheels chromed because the Platers didn't have any cores. So I would have had the Murano, up on blocks for two weeks. This is our only car.
So I bot the Ions. They weren't exactly what I wanted, but with some things in life, you take what you can get.
Then I sold the wheels on Ebay.
Ironically enough, I sold them to a Plater, OK Wheels, in N Hollywood CAlif. Nice guys to do buisness with.

That SAT sticker is long gone. I saw no need to embarrass myself with every person who ever rode in the Murano.

Those are IMPRESSIVE prices on the O2 sensor. :3:
O2's fail on lots of cars but 40K is a little short. ;)
And if I have to pay over $100 for one, much less over $200, the world is going to here my thoughts on Nissan parts and they aren't going to like it any more than they like my opinion of The Nissan Corp Marketing.
Have you ever tried cleaning the sensor?
The ones on my 88 Vette could be cleaned and they were good as new.
Seems like with this V6 being used in everything Nissan makes, it should be ubiquitous after awhile and maybe somebody will sell it on the aftermarket.

Well, anyway, the car is up over 800 miles now and soon I am going to start rapping it. I can hardly wait.

One thing that I really like about it is, compared to my old Minivan, this car feels "agile". I never realized it, but the Mini felt "ponderous" compared to the Murano.
Neat trick on a 187" 4000 pound "truck". :D

Homer

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are 2 Murano's in the Sub-division I live in that CAME with Nissan Chrome Wheels. Ok if they are not OEM then why is there NO difference other than the color. Why do the owners then tell me they came off of the transport trucks With Chrome wheels. I think what your trying to tell us Chancie is the Chrome Wheels for the Murano are not available to order from your Nissan dealer. Nissan is fitting certain lucky Murano's with the Chrome package but not offering them to purchase separately.

·
4,601 Posts
I think you have to know Japanese and French to really find out what's happening... The SL wheels, which appear to be the same base for the Chrome wheels, are made in Belgium.

·
4,601 Posts
And related to Renault?

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, don't ya just hate that!!!

I keep looking for something decent for the front, but have yet to see anything I like....

I'm half tempted to buy the Nissan one and modify it by adding some tubing that flows with the lines of the front bumper. Like going along the leading edge, wrapping around the fog lights and coming back to the main bar. Also a bar across, just at the bottom opening to the rad.

Hmmm... If I had some graphics software to do it....

Anyone feel like trying some ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bumper Guard

For the rear Bumper guard...do they come in different colors...does your color match the grey bottom or black mud guards?...and, are they applied with adhesive? More info please.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Re: Bumper Guard

dk4500 said:
For the rear Bumper guard...do they come in different colors...does your color match the grey bottom or black mud guards?...and, are they applied with adhesive? More info please.
Comes in one color, black. There is an adhesive already on there, it's double sided tape. Basically, you line it up and strip the coating off the tape and apply pressure as you strip the tape and push against the bumper. It's really straightforward and you won't have any problems with it.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at the WAAG, but not so sure I like it... It's a modification of a pretty standard format they use, and while it's wrapped around, it's a little too close to the fog lights for me. It also tries to put the WAAG styling on the Murano, as opposed to making something that really flows with the Murano.

Best I've seen so far... But I'm still considering a modification of the OEM one.

·
4,601 Posts
WAAG

Attachments

41 - 55 of 55 Posts