Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(This is a repost to start a new category on Handsfree installs. Hope I put it in the right forum.)

I installed my Handsfree speakerphone and iPod today. See photo attached.

It is quite spectacular!

The handsfree is a Nokia 6556i with a Nokia CK-7W car kit. The mic. is mounted near the visor so as to pick up my voice clearly. Nokia provided a remote control for volume and answering a call. Operates Bluetooth or direct connection. Truely handsfree; no headset needed. All I can say is WOW!

As for as the iPod goes:
Looks like Rixmo really has it made, but my set-up is nice. I still control the iPod manually, but it does direct connect to the Bose 6CD radio, so the sound quality is very good. In my previous auto, I had a similar set-up, but with an FM modulator, so this is a step forward. I used the PAC module as the interface. I can provide additional info. as requested.

Having XM Sat. Radio, a Handsfree speakerphone, and my iPod installed is really Nervana! Thanks to all for your advice and inspiration!

Alan

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Off the topic.....Is that how the 06's display the XM info? Nice, it doesn't look like any of the characters got cut off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reply to OFf Topic: XM Radio

Yes, that's how the '06 Murano displays XM information. Sometimes, the titles are cut-off as the unit seems to limit each text line to 16 characters.

Also, if you press the "CAT" rocker switch, it seeks from category to category; i.e., Talk, News, various Music Genres, etc. Nice feature!

But, it does not have the basic "Tune Select" feature of most XM units. You press when you like a song, and when it is playing again in the future, there is a beep to let you know in real time that it is playing on another XM channel. Push a button, and it changes to that channel. This was basic on my XM Commander 2 years ago. I can't seem to find this feature on the Murano XM unit. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
111 Posts
16! pre-06's only got 10

The tune select is a nice feature too bad OEM integrated systems don't have that feature. What I would have like is the replay/pause function of my skyfi2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Handsfree speakerphone

I guys !

I just got my Murano last week and I really love it !!!
Seems someone succeed installing a ck-7w nokia car kit inside the murano.
Would be really glad knowing the way it was done (special harness and/or dedicated interface).
My Murano is a lease and I dont want to cut any wire !!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The radio + XM in the MO could always have some improvements, but it is really quite spectacular as it comes from the factory (or dealer install).

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey...that looks great...assuming I can do this w/sirius as well. Question which PAC module did you use? They dont have them clearly marked for nissans on the site.

Also did you use the module to connect both the Ipod and satelite...I am a noob here so I am just doing my 1st search for solutions.

Thanks!
R

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I had a pro (freelancer) do the iPod install and handsfree. Wasn't too expensive, but if you're handy, you can probably do it yourself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
alanpgh said:
Yes, I had a pro (freelancer) do the iPod install and handsfree. Wasn't too expensive, but if you're handy, you can probably do it yourself.
yea...looking at those threads now...did alot of work on the old car so I might just give this a try...thx again for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts