Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my trunk back!

I installed the JL Audio Stealthbox in my 05 tonight. It's a 10" sub that is completely hidden and takes the place of the drivers side cargo pocket.

It thumps better than my 12" Kicker box I had in before it, I get my trunk back, and I don't have a 50 lb death box to roll around inside the car if I ever... well, you know...

I didn't take pics because its stealth and you wouldn't see it.:D

it took about 2 hours and that is w/ me taking my good ole' time w/ a beer or four.

The installation isn't quite perfect but it will definitely pass. The main hatch door and the side flap don't quite level out together but w/ my rubber floor mat over top you'd never know.

I would definitely recommend it for anyone that is serious about their car audio and doesn't want to sacrifice the space for a floor mounted sub box. It isn't cheap at $499 but it was worth it to me.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Pictures Pictures Pictures

Pictures Pictures Pictures Pictures

Get the Picture. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will there be a Group Buy for the Sub?...

C'os if there is I want one...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can see that it doesn't seem to tuck perfectly in the corner but believe me, I tried everything I could and it just wouldn't go. The hatch closes fine and the tire fits so I'm not too worried about it.

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Does the tire cover go back in place

A picture of everything all closed up would be wonderful. This has the makings of a really fine ad on.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Krzydmnd-

That is a damn nice installation.

Does the pocketed storage tray still fit over the spare tire or does the StealthBox interfere?

-njjoe

·
Registered
85 Posts
K it fits snugly into the drivers side Storage compartment... so no more storage compartment ... hi I can live with that ...

Just Curious ?
How is it secured?
Is the Sub Vented?
Thx...

Btw it sure does look nine... hopes it sounds just as good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my amps are mounted on the hatch door. you can see the sub amp in the top right corner of the picture.

I'm pretty sure the utility tray will NOT fit although I haven't used it since I put my amps in anyway.

its bolted in the front on a factory bolt location. YOu have to drill a hole in the back but it's very easy and there are no worries of hitting anything because it comes out just to the inside of the muffler and there is plenty of room.

it is not ported.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thx for the replies...

Now for the ultimate question.....

How does it Sound? And where can I get my hands on one...

·
Registered
19 Posts
i am jelous!

how does the cargo cover stay on with out sliding around? Do the pegs slide into the sub box. It looks like there might be a slot for it.

I was also wondering if i could bother you for the measerments of the backside( the small end that faces the back of the seat. And i was wondering if it was level, i was thinking that would be a good place for a small amp.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sound: very good. I had a 12" Kicker in an enclosed box before this and I would say that the kicker had better low sustained bass but this definitely sounds great w/ better tone response.

JL Audio does not authorize internet sales so you'd be hard pressed to find one online. You'll have to go to an authorized JL Audio installer and you'll pay full price (unless you know the guys that work there, wink wink!). PLus, they'll probably tell you that it has to be installed by them but it is easy enough to do yourself if you're not afraid to take the rear of the Mo apart a little bit.

Regarding the cover, this might be a sticking point for some because you actually have to remove the plastic tabs on the flap door and they are riveted on so you have to remove them 'permanantly'. It comes w/ velcro tabs that then hold it in place on top of the enclosure.

as far as mounting an amp, I don't think there would be room because the speakers mount right in the middle of that area that you are referring to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Any further updates, K? Are you still glad you did this? Any downsides after a year of having it in there? What else are you running in your MO?

Regs,
Jeff

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am curious to know if it fits the canadian model with its full-size spare. I think it does by what I can learn from the picture but before throwing $750 in this project, I will inquire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts