Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've recently got my new and shiny MO 05 and found this great forum.

I'd like to install the AAI-NIS, but don't want to remove the radio. Is it true that on the newer Murano's they run the SAT connection cable to the back? Take a look at this doc:SAT radio install

From what I gather from the pictures the SAT tuner is connected on the back.

Thanks... Alex

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GripperDon did that exact thing (connected the PAC audio to the sat wiring in the back). Don't have the link but if you do a search of his posts you will find the pin-out info.

·
4,664 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
So it is possible to connect the PAC-audio cable to the sat connector in the back of Murano and run signal through that cable into the bose system? I looked through Jaak's diagram but I am nto sure I get it... Are there instructions that are simpler to follow?

·
Registered
53 Posts
At the risk of presuming why you don't want to pull the radio...

I can understand why you might be apprehensive about removing the radio, having been there myself. I can also state, having done it myself, that it's no big deal.

I wouldn't worry about pinouts from the rear SAT connector. Just pull the radio and connect the PAC to the back of the radio. It took me about 30 minutes with Jaak's excellent illustrated directions at my side.

·
4,664 Posts
It's also more reliable, and a shorter audio path, plus you don't have to mess around with connections.

Drop the radio out, remove two connectors, plug in three. No worries about what wire where. Put the radio in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just pull the radio and connect the PAC to the back of the radio.
OK, I'll bite. Here's another question: How and where did you guys get the wires out? I'd like to connect my IPOD and would like to have just 1/4 jack in the radio region.

Thanks... Alex

·
4,664 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jaak,

I know about these cables. My question is about where do you place the PAC device and how you connect this cable to it. Let's say we put PAC behind the radio, then we'd have to stick the adapting cable out of the radio? I wouldn't like sticking it out all the time. I'd prefer to have a 1/8" jack-in somewhere.

Sorry for asking stupid questions. :)

Thanks... Alex

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
AlexY said:
jaak,

I know about these cables. My question is about where do you place the PAC device and how you connect this cable to it. Let's say we put PAC behind the radio, then we'd have to stick the adapting cable out of the radio? I wouldn't like sticking it out all the time. I'd prefer to have a 1/8" jack-in somewhere.

Sorry for asking stupid questions. :)

Thanks... Alex
Install one of these on the passenger side of the cover that goes under the radio and internally connect it to the pac. Then all you see from outside are these 4 jacks. Connect your devices as needed.

·
4,664 Posts
Or, much cleaner, get one of these:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&category_name=CTLG_011_003_001_004&product_id=274-274

Take the cover off, drill a hole where you want it, that's slightly smaller than the OD of the thread and screw it into the dash. Then you can wire up the back and just plug in a 1/8" male to 1/8" male stereo patch cord.

Or use one of the patch cords above, get the 1/8" female to female barrel adapter, drill a hole and make it a friction fit, or glue it from the back, plug in the patch cord on the back and the 1/8" to 1/8" patch cord on the front.

Or do whatever you like... There's lots of ways. If you don't use the cell phone (ashtray) pocket, you could put the jack in there, or even have the cord come out of there. Then there's somewhere to store and hide it, when you don't use it.

Use your imagination!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts