Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install a Gentex K2 auto dimming mirror in my wife's 2005 Murano "S". Can anyone tell me how to remove factory mirror from it's windshield mount ? and how to remove the driver's side "A" pillar trim piece, as I need to run the wire down thru that area to get to some 12V switched power. Many thanks-- great forum !!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Oregon2-

I hope this helps with the mirror.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've done the Mod and I believe the 05 mirror removes differently. You need to insert a small screw driver at the bottom portion of the mirror base were there's a clip. Pull up pn the mirror and it should come out. The A pillar trim will pull right off. I used a plastic putty knoife at the top to pry it first and then my hands for the rest.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
njjoe and biggun

Biggun- I think you are correct the 2005's may be different as my mirror does not attach in the standard fashion like njjoe shows in his diagram- that is why it has thrown me a bit. Was going to buy a service manual- but was quoted $360 :mad: for one this morning...........ouch !!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Don't waste your time. The 05 manual shows the same thing. I think the instructions that came with the morror were more helpful.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
oregon2 said:
...Was going to buy a service manual- but was quoted $360 :mad: for one this morning...........ouch !!
Go to Nissan website and register. Then subscribe for a 24 hour period at $20. Then you can view and download all the service manuals in pdf format for ANY Nissan or Infinity product you want, as many cars as you want during the subscription period. I downloaded all of mine to my PC and put them on a CD which I keep with the rest of my documents.

·
5,244 Posts
oregon2 said:
njjoe and biggun

Biggun- I think you are correct the 2005's may be different as my mirror does not attach in the standard fashion like njjoe shows in his diagram- that is why it has thrown me a bit. Was going to buy a service manual- but was quoted $360 :mad: for one this morning...........ouch !!
A pdf version of the service manual - $19.95 download from Nissan site. Actually you get 24 hrs access so you can download as many manuals as you want. My 2003 manual has 4,500 pages and is approximately 140 MB! It was worth the $20.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Oregon2 & biggun-

Actually, it was my error. I posted the diagram for the inside mirror with the compass and Homelink. The standard (S) mirror obviously mounts differently. I could not find the S mirror in the '05 service manual.

Thanx for picking up the ball, biggun.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Below is a link that was very helpful. It is for the Z mirror, but is more accurate than the manual.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/instruct/350Z-RVMIR_1.html

Thanks -- did you have any trouble finding a suitable "switched 12V" spot to connect to??
I used the above link as a guide and a light tester. I think one was a green wire. I will try to confirm for you and get back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts