Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install the Rear Bumper Protector? the dealership wants to charge $29.00 (Part) and $28.00 (Labor). I found the part online for $24.00. Any help out there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you know how to use an alcohol swab and peel back double-sided tape you are good to go. Takes all of 3 - 5 minutes to do. I eyeballed mine with being centered on the bumper and then just peeled back the edge closest to the main vehicle compartment and then do the same for the second set of tape at the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Get it online! It is about the easiest application ever. $28 to install? Yer freaking kidding me!

There is a small arrow on the exact center of the guard that you use to line it up. Nothing to it!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
It took me five minutes tops and used only one alcohol wipe. I used regular household alcohol (70% bottle) to replenish the wipe when I thought it had dried out. Just make sure you wash and dry the bumper first and then clean the area where the 3M tape is going to stick to with alcohol wipes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hell, I'll do it for HALF the price of your dealer (yes, its THAT easy!). Wash the bumper, wipe with alcohol, let dry. Place guard on top with arrow pointing to the rear latch (hint: open trunk lid). Hold with one hand, peel tape back with other and press firmly. Do the same with the second piece of tape. Voila! Done in five minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!!

Thanks all - I figured it would be easy but I wanted to make sure. I'll order it online and go from there.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
1. Go to the Nissan website (www.nissan-usa.com).
2. Under the VEHICLES heading, scroll down to SUV's and click MURANO
3. Go to the ACCESSORIES section
4. Click on "BODY GUARDS" under EXTERIOR ACCESSORIES
5. Click on REAR BUMPER GUARD
6. View picture!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts