Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just relocated from MI to Alpharetta GA and was wondering if anyone has leads/ advice on auto insurance in the North Fulton area? (rates, agents, gotcha's or anything that I should look out for in GA, I know hail damage is a bigger issue here than in MI)

Thanks in advance.

...In the meanwhile...back to the yellow pages...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Mdave2, being that I'm 45 miles or so south of you, I can only guess the rates I pay and what you will pay are similar. I found Travelers as the best rates for adults but if you have any youngsters in the family, forget about it. In that case I switched to AIG. When my son went off on his own, I switched back to Travelers. If you have good credit, ask them about the rate based on your credit score. I saved hundred's on that formula.

Bob1

·
5,244 Posts
I work in Alpharetta GA. I am with Prgressive. My rate is $1,600/year for Murano and FX

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I work in Alpharetta GA. I am with Prgressive. My rate is $1,600/year for Murano and FX [/
A lot a variables Kris, I think I pay 1200 a year for the Altima and the MO but obviously the FX is a quite a bit pricier than my sedan. I also have 500 deductibles on both.

·
5,244 Posts
Bob,
my deductible is also $500/ But I do not have much history. Maybe 7 years here without any accident, claims etc. I think my rate is OK.

·
5,244 Posts
I have recently attended “Defensive Driving” class (it is our company policy) and apparently in Georgia I will get 10% discount on my car insurance. We will see.

The class was nothing new for me but apparently for many people it is an “eye opener”. According to our safety manager, since we started the classes a few years ago our safety accidents dropped significantly as did the cost of accident and claims (we are self insured).

You guys may check with your insurance companies. If they do honor the Defensive Driving classes you may take advantage of it and get a discount on your new insurance.

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone,
I will certainly get a quote from Travelers, so far I've gotten quotes from Allstate and State Farm, both in the $1k/yr range ($1000 deductible, 2 adults, no kids, no tickets/claims/accidents over last 6-7 yrs, no multi-car or house discounts since I sold them before I moved).

I'm interested in the defensive driving course, didn't know something like that existed in GA. I'll look that up as well, not just for the discounts- it's always nice to improve/ hone ones driving skills.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
One piece of advice....

Stay away from the Gecko.

I know two people who made a claim with them.

They were both very dissatisfied.

Shop an independent insurance agency or two, let them know you're shopping.

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Y'know, I've heard that from quite a few folks. Even though I have never had any experience with Gecko, their reputation keeps me away.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I hope enuf folks buy Geico to keep them around.
I'm a sucker for a good gecko ad........

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
hfelknor said:
I'm a sucker for a good gecko ad........

Homer
Ye, I love their ads......very creative.....and funny....:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts