Nissan Murano Forum banner

Intake System from Stillen!

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  JeremyDeal 
#1 ·
Yes!, Stillen now offer an Intake System for Murano!
I just placed the order. Is the same design and intakes used on the one they offer for the G35. Price is $260, p/n 402835. Once time I received and installed will post my thoughts. Checkout the stillen website, in specific on their Truck section. A great way to start.

:2:

#3 ·
Wow it will be interesting.........let us know and see how it worked out...............

#5 ·
What about Nissan warranty..............

#6 ·
Ouch! $260 for a K&N cone and plastic ducting (I assume for "cold air"). I think I'll wait until Courtesy has performance parts for the Murano, they tend to be less expensive. I had a JWT cone intake for my 97 Maxima and it was fantastic, paid about $100 for it. I bet the JWT cone for the 3.5L Altima or Maxima also fits the Murano, and its around $100 cheaper than the Stillen unit (or $tealin' as we liked to call it on the Maxima BBS).

#10 ·
Every cone intake makes a hissing noise. The stock intake does that too, but you don't hear it because there are resonator (empty air chambers) along the plastic ducting route that cancel out the noise. I'm not sure where that might be in the Murano but in my 97 Maxima, there was a resonator box coming off the stock intake ducting and going into a chamber located under the battery tray.

#11 ·
Kris said:
What about Nissan warranty..............
For this type of mod (i.e. bolt-on) some people will swap back the original part before taking the car to the dealer. Then, nobody is the wiser. Sure, a very picky greasemonkey could see that the intake has been removed but you just deny it. "Huh, what intake?"

I remember in the VW 1.8T forums, people routinely swap their modified ECUs back and forth with each service.

#12 ·
As far as the warranty goes, the dealer can not deny you a warranty claim unless they specifically prove that the aftermarket part in question caused a failure of an OEM part. (i.e.; if you have a cold air intake that extends the filter into the bumper area and it sucks up water causing hydrolock, then they can legally deny warranty claim.) If you have an intake, as in this case, and the alternator quits, there is no way they will be able to deny you a warranty claim. I believe it is called the Magnuss-Moss Act. I'll do a search for it on google....BRB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.