Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard of an intake for the Murano yet? I also own a 2004 Maxima w/the 3.5 and can't seem to find one for it either. Its funny because the Z uses the exact same motor as the Max, yet there really isn't many engine aftermarkets available.

Also if someone could tell me how to post pics that'd be great!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
There is some discussion on FA about the Crawford Intake possibly fitting the Murano. I'm very interested in the description of this mod and the increased power in the higher RPM range.

http://www.crawfordzcar.com/

I'm going to do some more research on this issue after the holidays are over and I've got a little more time.

:4:

·
59 Posts
As far as posting pics, look at "what are attachments" under "f.a.q"
at the top of this forum. It allows you to post 1 pic for each reply.

(Sorry, I sent this before realizing that Enforcer already covered this above)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I emailed Crawford and they stated it WILL fit the Murano.

Go for it!
I'd love to hear how it works.

dklanecky1 said:
There is some discussion on FA about the Crawford Intake possibly fitting the Murano. I'm very interested in the description of this mod and the increased power in the higher RPM range.

http://www.crawfordzcar.com/

I'm going to do some more research on this issue after the holidays are over and I've got a little more time.

:4:

·
Registered
834 Posts
injen stated this:

"We do want to make that intake system but we have no ETA at this time.
Hopefully very soon."

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did take the center muffler off today. Although it didnt make that much noise difference (there is some) it did seem to help on the pep side. It also helped alot on the side view. My wife couldnt understand why I had to mess with hers since I messed with mine. I also today put a cat-back system on my 04 Maxima. Sounds excellent!! The Murano mod cost me 15$ and I bouught the factory home in a box!

·
Registered
186 Posts
mrkapp...what kind of wheels are those?....looks nice! Post some pics soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mrkapp said:
Has anyone seen or heard of an intake for the Murano yet? I also own a 2004 Maxima w/the 3.5 and can't seem to find one for it either. Its funny because the Z uses the exact same motor as the Max, yet there really isn't many engine aftermarkets available.

Also if someone could tell me how to post pics that'd be great!!
hey for the maxima i believe some people adapted the frankencar intake from an altima to the 3.5 maxima

check out maxima.org in the 6th gen section people are already hooking them up.
i have the frankencar intake but i have a 4th gen.

good luck

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
There is a post on the forum somewhere here where I read the torque limit for the CVT is 258lb/ft or something like that. Perhaps it was a post with a link to an article. If someone could link to it for this thread that would be great. It would seem the crawford intake would push the Murano past that torque limit. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could always go the custom route.........I would but my fiance would be pissed I got my car to mod but not hers.Besides it would the warranty.Wait for Nismo to back you up then you can get the warranty too.:D

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
When you all talking about air intake for our MO from Crawfordzcar.com...

is this the stuffs: (the plenum)

click here to go to their site

What is a "plenum" ?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: When you all talking about air intake for our MO from Crawfordzcar.com...

SugarRushMurano said:
is this the stuffs: (the plenum)

click here to go to their site

What is a "plenum" ?

The plenum is the air ducting to the combustion chambers located past the throttle body. If you open your hood, its the metal "tubing" behind the black plastic nissan logo cover.

·
Registered
719 Posts
and the Crawford piece has yet to be tested (or more accurately configured for installation) on one of our transverse mounted 3.5 engines.

I've e-mailed Doug Crawford and gotten a response to that effect.

Maybe if a few more people sent him some e-mails and made inquiries????????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts