Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has found a bluetooth solution, but there is a company called Parrot that makes bluetooth products that sends the sound over the car speakers and has an automute function. Only problem is that it is not compatible with the Murano.

However, another company called Quickconnect makes an adaptor for the Murano. Of course, it isn't exactly cheap. Oh well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I put a Nokia CK-7W handsfree car kit in my '06 MO to go with my Nokia Phone. Works great! Has Bluetooth and direct connect. Also, easy to reach control knob/button. Bought from Marcom for about $128. Search for CK-7W (or my username, alanpgh) on this forum for further information. Also, search for CK-7W on Google or www.nokiausa.com.

Good Luck!

Alan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed this one and Love it!: http://www.motorola.com/automotive/solution_blnc.html

I originally had it hooked up to the speaker that it came with (just until the parts to came in to wire it into the head unit: Thanks Jaak!) It sounded very good. But, not as good through the car speakers! (It has wired outputs to hook up to your stereo speakers).

It's the Motorola IHF1000 (Top of the line). I love showing it off to people who have never been in my car before by using the "Dial Number" feature. I ask them to say their cell phone number & it dials it! Then I show them how it's Bluetooth & it just wirelessly connects when I start the car

Just my 2c

--n00b

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks to both of you for all the very useful information on Handsfree Car Kits!

The Motorola IHF1000 seems fantastic. Someone (it might be one of you) had an interesting link that was helpful comparing a variety of Handsfree Car Kits:
http://www.behandsfree.com/carkitcomp.aspx

Also, my Nokia CK-7W is very good, flexiible, and quite a good value at $129.95 from Marcom Wireless. But, here's one point to watch out for:
The audio quality with my Nokia 6256 phone was slightly distorted in Bluetooth or direct connect mode via the Nokia pop connector. I changed to a Motorola RAZR V3m, and the audio quality is excellent via Bluetooth. So, at this point in time, it looks like the Nokia CK-7W Car Kit paired with a Motorola RAZR or Motorola Q (I also tested this configuration) is a nice value.

This will all change over time. So, please keep you suggestions coming!

Thanks,
Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts