Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YEA!!!!!!!!! FIXED!!!!!.... Took the MO back , showed the SM what i found, AND HE GOT WITH HIS TECH AND FIGIURED OUT THE PROBLEM, ITS FIXABLE AND FIXED!. The intelligent key has about 10 different senarios on how to program it and all are totally different from the other nissans(according to the tech bulletin the SM showed me). Very impressed that the SM actually listened to what I told him and used it to correct the problem as well. He also was very patient and kept at it until it was done correctly. His name is john @ Gre-Daniels Nissan in Jackson, MS and he took good care of us(even gave us a free oil change and several extra keys(which he did not have to do). Really appreciate the input from those that answered my postings, it was helpful and encouraging. My wife is happy and life is good. Now i can say the same thing about the Mo that I've been saying about my 2000 Yukon(125000 miles & no problems)..............What a machine!!!!!!!!!! LCD

If anybody wants more details on this problem and how to fix it, drop me an email, would be glad to pass along what i have learned.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Cheers!! :7: I'm glad it worked out for you!

-njjoe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
intelligent key

there is a different way to program the intelligent key on the murano vs other nissans. The key does not have to be in the ignition and the ignition turned on to program the murano key . i did not see how he actually programed the key, but he did show me the tech manual and there were about 10 different senarios on how to do it. He also managed to program 5 keys(owners manual says it will take up o 4).He did say that he observed the tech making a mistake during the programing which, when corrected, allowed the keys to be programed correctly. What i did take away from this expierence was that these keys can be programed. I also made an observation which convinced the SM(service manager) that the keys were not, infact, programed. When the key is inserted into the ignition, you will hear a distinct "click", which is the result of the onboard computer reconizing the key with the correctly programed chip, and thus unlocking the ignition and allowing the Mo to be started. You will also hear the sounds the vehicle makes when the ignition is engaged. the keys i had , were correctly cut but not programed an d did not engage the ignition.
when this issue was settled, the SM stated that what it amounted to was to find the correct procedure to follow, and do it correctly. He had a tech bulletin which told them how to do it. Sorry that i cannot be more specific. The big part of all this was figuring out that the chips in the keys were not programed. If you ever have this problem, Grey-Daniels Nissan Service manager john can tell your dealer where to look for the bulletin and how to do it. Hope this helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts