Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the thread for the intelligent key + autostart, but none with all three.

Is it possible, yet, to install say a Clifford or Viper alarm (w/gps tracking) that has autostart...all the while using the intelligent key?

I would love to have autostart in the summer times here so that by the time i get to the car, at least cool air is blowing. Plus, have an upgraded alarm system with GPS tracking to track the location of the car incase it was stolen/towed/whatever.

Thanks.

-Mitch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about intelligent key + alarm?

So, no responses. What about having the intelligent key + alarm? IE, if i were to walk up to the car, and unlock via the intelligent key button, would the alarm automagically disable?

Autostart is not a requirement, but a benefit.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yes, you can have the alarm put in with the intelligent key. When I had my autostart put in... it was an option to get all 3, so I assume I could have just cut the autostart out if I wanted.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was told to leave one of my spare key hidden in the car, which is the key that you insert to the ignition manually to start. This way the alarm with remote start would work with keyless entry. Havn't try this yet but just sort of an idea.

·
Registered
982 Posts
muran0 said:
I was told to leave one of my spare key hidden in the car, which is the key that you insert to the ignition manually to start. This way the alarm with remote start would work with keyless entry. Havn't try this yet but just sort of an idea.
I had my Valet key put in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm close to purchasing a remote start / car alarm system? I just have a couple questions for the members that have Intelligent Key along with remote start. I apologize if I ask a stupid question.

1. Is the security feature of the chip in the key compromised? Being that you have to permanently install a spare key. The security feature states that the car cannot be started unless the chip is detected. Since a key is always in the car, I assume you just countered a very good feature.

2. The Murano is not high on the stolen car list, but can someone break in, find the hidden key, and drive off rather easily? Is there something in the alarm system to deter something like that? Supposedly, in most alarm systems, the car cannot be started if the alarm is going off, but what if they have access to a legitimate key?

3. The manual states to turn off the heated seats when you turn the car off. If you have remote start, the obvious thing to do would be to leave it on along with the heater to have a comfy car in the winter. Has anyone left the heated seats on and experienced any problems?

4. Are there any other downsides to installing a remote start?

Thanks in advance!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts