Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When My Mo was brought up from Tuscon AZ to Scottsdale the driver was not familiar with the new 05 key so he slid the key out of the intelligent unit and drove up. Then he returned to Tuscon and promptly lost the key. A new key was supposedly order on 12/9/04 to replace it. I call once a week. NADA, finally they decide they screwed up on my license plate bill and I own the $73. So I go over and say ! key get you $73. They say the key is not released for sale as a part and I have to wait or I not them can call the factory. I call the 1800 Nissan and finally talk to a young lady who doesn't know the part number so turns around and puts me on hold and as it turn out calls the parts department of the Dealer I am standing in and gets the part number form them. She says she will escalate to the next level and they will call me. I go to the parts department and say please give me the part number so I can try and get one from Nissan. He says we have them right here would that be quicker. I ask if one was ever order for me. answer NO. They will reprogram my keys tomorrow.

Sure were lot of lazy people who didn't know what they were talking about, at LEAST 6 different people and stories some fibs and some ??? and 1 Guy JASON that knew what he was talking about. Tomorrow will see If the get the $73.

Wonder why we are tired of that Dealer ?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I share your pain!

Over time I've become convinced that the single biggest issue with Nissan dealerships causing their poor service reputation stems from the fact that the people who work there can't (or won't) say:

"Good Question, I don't know the answer, but I can find out the answer and get back to you".

That simple statement would in my opinion solve about 90% of their service problems (assuming of course that they actually had someone they could call for the answer).

Why do their Egos have to get in the way of service?

Maybe it's the fact that we as a community of informed consumers have begun to surpass their collective knowledge base with our own?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Grip - Sorry to hear you still don't have your complete I-Key. I wouldn' be surprised to hear them say that their computer is down or not updated to reprogram an I-Key.

I'm glad I have established a good relationship with my dealers service manager... of course it helps that I visit them every 1.5-2 months for an oil change. I'm sure glad I'm stocked with Nissan Service coupons. Which BTW if any one needs I can send them (I have them electronically with no expiration dates) :2: . You can also find them at times on the nissan web site.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Maybe some of the dealers had to give up their "intelligence" so Nissan could have intelligent keys...:2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
mozman said:
I'm sure glad I'm stocked with Nissan Service coupons. Which BTW if any one needs I can send them (I have them electronically with no expiration dates) :2: . You can also find them at times on the nissan web site.
Hi mozman. I sure would love your no expiration coupons. I get them in the mail every now and then, but they seem to come too late or they expire before i need the service.

Thanks!

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to get the KEY @ 2:300

Will will see. :) I agree with zebelkhan. Strang thngs, THe salemnan I origionally bought the MO's from moved to the the Finance Dept as he could not stand the sales department anymore. To much pressure, etc.
The "Director of Customer Relations" is the silly one tha gave me all the BS. Problem Very Very pretty and know it and get away with murder by lying to customer. Too lazy to even call the 800 Nissan #. OR "maybe her presure means no time to do the job either.

I thnink it all comes from the owners (for the groups name RICHIE knows them) Hords of salesguys all roaming around.

I really thnk 'Fish stink from the Heads"

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait till you hear this.

Well I show up they have the key. The poor guy had never cut a key before and sooo. Then They don't know if their is a chip in the intelligent FOB and in the key or not, so I go try, Won't work without the FOB. Then Turns out the key won't work even if the FOB is nearby. Turns out they cut the key wrong and it's the only key in AZ so Now...............

:AND FOR THIS I DROVE MY BABY MO IN THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!. IT'S NEVER BEEN WET EXCEPT WHEN I WASH IT!!!! I REMOVE THE WHEELS WHEN I WASH A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH!
:crazyeye:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Grip,

I feel your pain. I would even let you have my Bud Light. :cool:

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohio Murano

Now that is nice. Grip :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I have to say something good about my dealer's service department:

As some of you remember I got my car without a valet key. Well, last time I was there for oil change (a couple of weeks ago), I rememberd to take both my key's in (so they could be programmed together) and told them I never got a valet key with my car so I want one. No qestions asked! When I went back to pick-up the car, they had a valet key ready for me, programmed and all, and on top of that gave me a discount on my oil change for my troubles!

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On a positive note

They did seem to care they screwed it up and I did get to know the 'Bright guy" inside the service Dept so I now have a contact. By the way Generator he wants a NO-Nag I gave him your web page. As soon as I can find it and the rain quits ( I know but that a biggie down here :D) I'll send his name and email to you . Grip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts