Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wife a 2005 Nissan MO(SL) with most of the bells & whistles. Love it, (especially since she had a Z350 & it beat me to death). One problem. Got one remote intel Key with the actual key in it and one without the key(dealer said it got the vehicle from another dealer and they lost key). The dealer says the key can not be made by the nissan corporation. The dealer has to do this with a key machine @ the dealership. The dealer tried to make two(one from the original key and one with a special code for the key) Both keys open the door but will not start the vehicle. Got another blank and took it to a top-notch keymaker. Same thing. Then the dealership tried to get one punched out by a locksmith, still no good. They have not contacted us since(been 3 weeks). Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone else gotten a new remote with a key that had to be cut and have it work? I really would like to hear some feedback. There has got to be a way to get another key cut for this vehicle. Somebody talk to me Thanks. LCD

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
lcdailypa-

Each Murano key has an NVIS (Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System) chip embedded in it. Just cutting the teeth on the key will not work. The key(s) also needs to be "registered" to the vehicle. Your dealer needs to instruct your car's computer to electronically recognize the key. They know how to do it. It's not an everyday task, but none the less they are responsible for getting it done. Ask the service guy, not the salesman.

The dealer has not contacted you in three weeks? Don't wait for them to call you. Call them. They are probably hoping you'll drop the issue. They owe you the key. I would force them to honor that obligation. If they continue to balk I would call the Nissan Hotline.

-njjoe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
njjoe&nissmo

thanks for the info. We tried to get these guys to program the key but they said it would not do any good. The keys we had cut would not turn the ignition(as tough the keys were cut incorrectly) though they would unlock the door. The interesting thing about this is that one the keys actually turned the vehicle on several times when i tried it but then that key just would not turn at all in the ignition. will be calling nissan north america tomorrow and see what can be done. They have been good in the past when we had a 2003 Z350 with the tire problems and frontend alignment issue. The dealer and service dept were absolutely worthless. thanks again will update this when i get more info. LCD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts