Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from the Grey-Daniels Nissan in Jackson,MS. Got a call from the service manager who said he found a tech guide on how to program the Intel Key. Took 3 keys that had been cut and programed them , got the the tech to start the car in front of us @ the dealership. Went home and found none of the keys would work @ all. I got one key to actually start the car once but that was it. The SM said we had to "jiggle" the key(that you had to actually "jiggle" almost all keys) and it would work. Well, I don't have to jiggle the key on my yukon, or any other vehicle i have . Something is not right and we are going to go at it again next week. The key has to be programed before you can actually turn the ignition on. The parts guys did not know this(different from the others nissans up to now). welcome any thoughts from others if you have experience with this. Thanks. LCD

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Time to try McCallister Nissan.

You do NOT have to jiggle keys to make them work.
That's absurd.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
lcdailypa-

I just love when a salesman or service rep says something stupid like "you need to jiggle the key" to start the key. I take it as an insult to my intelligence.

While we all know you do not need to jiggle the key on a new car, the fact that they seriously offered that as a solution to your problem should be a concern to you. This particular Service Manager obviously is not interested in fixing your problem. He wants you to accept his ridiculous explanation and be done with it.

Make it clear to the SM that you do not accept "jiggling" as a solution. If he still says otherwise, have him point it out in the service manual.

Programming the keys is not rocket science. If they fail to get it right next week, I would complain to the Nissan Hotline and then head over to another dealership.

-njjoe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Iwould have thanked the dealer and walk over to the cashier and hand her a check that....

May or May not clear the bank, If it does'nt just keep resubmitting it several times. It will eventually clear (as do most of my checks).

I love the double standard. At the cashier window they demand that we have 100% performance! Guarenteed results, Or you have to reimburse them for their time ($25 bounced check charge).

At service window, they can say. well I hope that took care of it. If not bring it back and we will try a few other things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
may have stumbled upon what is really wrong. Last night, i tried the keys again and now can start the MO with all three, BUT the keys were not completely inserted into the ignition and i had to first get a green key light, and then withdraw the keys just a bit manually to get the ignition to unlock and turn. Also these keys would not work at all if the intel key was not within 2-3 feet of the vehicle AND you don't hear anything when the three keys are inserted(with or without the intel key in the car).
when i inserted the valet key and the original key, and the intel key is nowhere near the vehicle, you immediately hear a click, which is the ignition being unlocked by the computer, and the ignition turns freely with the keys(which are completely inserted in the ignition).
My conclussion is that the 3 keys are probably cut correctly but are, in fact, either not programed correctly and/or not at all.
I now realize that all keys that work with this vehicle can be reconized by the fact that they should be completely inserted in the ignition, that the ignition will click and release because the computer reconizes the key's chip, and will do so even if the intel key is nowhere in the vacinity(dead battery in intel key or lost). Its another round next week with the dealship. LCD...and wife is now offically pissed!!!! Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts