Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know next to the spare tire, on the drivers side, there is a bucket (it can be reomved with two bolts and some coercion). If I could fabricate a box in this location, housing an 8" or maaaayyybe a 10", would people be interested?

I couldnt do many boxes, and I will build one for my wifes car first, but, I dont think it would be a difficult build at all.

Make a former using the "bucket" that pulls out of the drivers side under the floor.

Make an appropriate sized mounting ring.

Fiberglass as needed.

Carpet/paint as needed.

Mount sub, put in box.

I think 300-400 would be my asking price, unless its much easier or harder than I thought.

I think the sub will face the rear quarter panel, and sound deadening (dynamat) is highly recommended. My wifes 8" causes quite a bit of external vibration.

Would anyone be interested in this?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to show my abilities here is the fiberglass job I did in the back of my Z.

I dont plan on having such a nice paint job done since the MOs box will be hidden. But it should sound very nice.
http://www.tacoma.tzo.com/sub.htm

·
Registered
631 Posts
ZBoy said:
You know next to the spare tire, on the drivers side, there is a bucket (it can be reomved with two bolts and some coercion). If I could fabricate a box in this location, housing an 8" or maaaayyybe a 10", would people be interested?

I couldnt do many boxes, and I will build one for my wifes car first, but, I dont think it would be a difficult build at all.

Make a former using the "bucket" that pulls out of the drivers side under the floor.

Make an appropriate sized mounting ring.

Fiberglass as needed.

Carpet/paint as needed.

Mount sub, put in box.

I think 300-400 would be my asking price, unless its much easier or harder than I thought.

I think the sub will face the rear quarter panel, and sound deadening (dynamat) is highly recommended. My wifes 8" causes quite a bit of external vibration.

Would anyone be interested in this?
I would be interested to see how it comes out, and possibly interested in one for myself. I have been contemplating doing something similar, the main hindrence is that I don't know how to work with fiberglass so I'm sure I'd screw it up a few times before getting something useful. :) I've thought about possibly bubbling up over / around the tire well and mounting 1 or 2 10's facing sideways into the cargo area, or perhaps going completely "stealth" and using a 8 or a 10 under the floor. I'm interested to see where this goes!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
ZBoy said:
Just to show my abilities here is the fiberglass job I did in the back of my Z.

I dont plan on having such a nice paint job done since the MOs box will be hidden. But it should sound very nice.
http://www.tacoma.tzo.com/sub.htm

I don't think it is that hard to build something with fiberglass, but build one as clean and nice looking as the one you made for your Z...wow! :6:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I will do it for my wife, and well see if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the compliment. I think the Mo box will be the opposite. Stealth, whereas mine sort of screams LOOK AT ME.

Still it should sound smooth...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts