Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting.
A new TSB on how to replace the Alternator.
This is interesting since NNA and dealers have steadfastly refused to acknowledge that the Alternator is a big failure item............

Service Bulletin Num : 04130
Date of Bulletin: NOV 04, 2004 View Document

Component: CHARGING SYSTEM
Summary: 2003-2005 MURANO; REVISED ALTERNATOR REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Murano/2005/1.htm

Homer

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
That is one extensive job...

No wonder NNA is not recalling any Mo for alt failure..
It just gonna burn a hole on their pocket.... Parts and Labors. $400ish per murano?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it costs them a bunch for every bad Alt.

But this is why I developed my theory that the Alternators were being fried by cumulative high ambient temperatures.

These things are BURIED in there and they are VERY close to the radiator. In Fact the procedure that this supersedes called for the removal of the radiator.

If I am right, there might be a way to get some fresh air on that Alternator, and prolong it's life.

Of course I could be wrong and the alternators are just a POS.:3:

Homer:1:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Very interesting indeed. I believe the Murano's alternator is failing due to defective internal diodes. Nissans have a history of bad alternator bearings, but until now I have not seen any reports of a whining sound characteristic of a bad bearing. So I will go with the silent alternator killer, a bad internal diode (probably due to heat).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Sounds like the summer is going to be thrilling here in Arizona. GRIP :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts