Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought a footwell Interior Accent Lighting from Amazon that I will be installing this weekend.

Can someone who has this option take a picture of the location of the LED in the footwell ( driver and passenger side) ?

Also, is the light intensity the same when you open the door and when you drive at night?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but that's for the 2011, on the 2015 the placement is different

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,

Looks like they installed the LED on the side of the footwell by drilling holes, not sure if I want to do that, will install them on the center.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have link for the kit you bought. I went to the auto parts store and bought 2 led strips, then I bought the correct plug for the 2015 Murano. Then just weird it up with some speaker wire I had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are the one I bought, will install them and let you know how they look. I started building something similar where the brightness changes, but then I saw these, I like the fact that the brightness changes from full to 30% for night driving. They also look OEM without the hefty price tag.

I don't like the LED strips because they are way too bright and can be very distracting at night. Ambient light is supposed to be very dim, just enough light to see down there, looks better and more professional that way.

Open the door = full brightness (triggered with door opened)
Daytime driving = 70% brightness (triggered with headlight off)
Night time driving =30% brightness (triggered with headlight on)

I also built a cup holder led, could not find anything online, so had to come up with something. Will let you know once I get the parts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AT4ZWY0?pc_redir=T1&th=1&psc=1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ah. Mine are setup up to come on when the door is opened and off when the door is closed. They are not on when driving

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,

Just finish installing my interior footwell and kickplate lightning.

I used these for the footwell:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AT4ZWY0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These footwell, are 100% brightness when you open the door, 70% brighness when driving and 30% brightness during the night. There is a 5sec delay before shuting down when you turn off the car and close the door.
They are RGB, and you can change the color of the light with a remote.

and these for the kickplate lighning:
LED Door Sill Scuff Plate Step Protector for All New Nissan Murano 2015 2016 | eBay

Install time was 12hrs, the kickplate were a big pain to install

Attachments

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Very nice, love the color....I assume u can change the color as well ? I also like how your rear ones lite up as well the ones from the dealer do not do this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Just finish installing my interior footwell and kickplate lightning.

I used these for the footwell:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AT4ZWY0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These footwell, are 100% brightness when you open the door, 70% brighness when driving and 30% brightness during the night. There is a 5sec delay before shuting down when you turn off the car and close the door.
They are RGB, and you can change the color of the light with a remote.

and these for the kickplate lighning:
LED Door Sill Scuff Plate Step Protector for All New Nissan Murano 2015 2016 | eBay

Install time was 12hrs, the kickplate were a big pain to install

Love IT
Do you mind to share how you connected the sill, I purchased the same kickplate and have to idea where to connect it to, they cam with the connector but I dont think its for US Murano

Tnx in advance

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi rexado,

You will have to find your accessory connector by the foot brake first ( see picture), this is the connector you will use to connect the kickplate.

Please see the diagram for how i connected mine.
Just connect all the kickplate together, you can connect the black wire as shown in the diagram, but you will need to cut each individual red wire to connect it to the appropriate connector in the accessory connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi rexado,

You will have to find your accessory connector by the foot brake first ( see picture), this is the connector you will use to connect the kickplate.

Please see the diagram for how i connected mine.
Just connect all the kickplate together, you can connect the black wire as shown in the diagram, but you will need to cut each individual red wire to connect it to the appropriate connector in the accessory connector.

thanks a lot, got it installed
next step is accent lighting and black film wrap on the roof

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi

I saw the pic of your footwell lighting in the Murano. Is it possible to make the light white (no color)? I think you installed it yourself? Or did you get it installed at a dealer? I'm curious how much it cost? I had some installed at a aftermarket place and it started blinking after a few weeks and I'm at the point where I'm going to have them take it out. They've installed 2 different types of LEDs and neither one work correctly long term.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi

I saw the pic of your footwell lighting in the Murano. Is it possible to make the light white (no color)? I think you installed it yourself? Or did you get it installed at a dealer? I'm curious how much it cost? I had some installed at a aftermarket place and it started blinking after a few weeks and I'm at the point where I'm going to have them take it out. They've installed 2 different types of LEDs and neither one work correctly long term.

Thanks
Hi Rebound,

Yes, I ones I installed are RGB, so they cover all the colors of the spectrum(so to speak), white is available.
I installed them myself, I don't think the dealer would have agree to install them, they would only install the Nissan ones. But it is pretty easy, there is nothing to it really, you just need to find your accessory connector ( see my post above) and connect your LED there (if you need instruction, let me know)..

Mine have been working great since the day I installed them, you need to get quality LEDs, so many available are available on amazon, single color or RGB, with brightness UP/DOWN. Unfortunately the ones I bought are no longer available on amazon.

Reactions: rebound18

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the lights installed today at the dealer. They are white and are not very bright at all - they're almost not even noticeable - the lights pointing down from the ceiling are basically brighter. The total cost was over $500 parts and labor so I'm pretty disappointed. I had them look up a color version and they don't have that in their system. I wonder if yours are an actual Nissan part?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the lights installed today at the dealer. They are white and are not very bright at all - they're almost not even noticeable - the lights pointing down from the ceiling are basically brighter. The total cost was over $500 parts and labor so I'm pretty disappointed. I had them look up a color version and they don't have that in their system. I wonder if yours are an actual Nissan part?
Wow, $500 for LED install, that is way too much...

Mine are not nissan part, i bought the LEDs on amazon.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hi Rebound,

Yes, I ones I installed are RGB, so they cover all the colors of the spectrum(so to speak), white is available.
I installed them myself, I don't think the dealer would have agree to install them, they would only install the Nissan ones. But it is pretty easy, there is nothing to it really, you just need to find your accessory connector ( see my post above) and connect your LED there (if you need instruction, let me know)..

Mine have been working great since the day I installed them, you need to get quality LEDs, so many available are available on amazon, single color or RGB, with brightness UP/DOWN. Unfortunately the ones I bought are no longer available on amazon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts