Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi Assad, Good afternoon to all.
Got a couple questions... Mine is a Murano 2014 Platinum, w/a lot of upgrades that I did my self & couple at the Dealer during the 1st. 2-years of ownership, then in Oct-2019 I started another mayor AUDIO Upgrade project which I'll give U. details later, but hasn't been finished yet only 30% due to the Pest. (Thanks God We all are fine) Ok. I think that used already the mentioned vehicle's plug (left side) when I did the illuminated Kick Plates logos, now if I want to do the ambient lights, using a good quality after market LED RGB stripe bars, I'll be able to re-connect from this same port to feed the power ? w/out worry about the watts consumed which 'll imply more amps being draw, or I'll have to add an onboard (bridge) fuse holder ?
2nd question is How Do I achieve the 30%-70%- or 100% in brightness for these led's bars ? is already configured in the bars module or is a default obtained when the wiring connections were configured in the Factory Nissan accessory Serv-Connector (for the model 2015) 'cause reviewing the 2014 instructions (2009-2014 2nd. Gen) doesn't mention or shows this accessory. & U. right the model that U. used isn't available any more, any new recommendation ?
Really appreciated U. comments & advices.

Hi Rebound,

Yes, I ones I installed are RGB, so they cover all the colors of the spectrum(so to speak), white is available.
I installed them myself, I don't think the dealer would have agree to install them, they would only install the Nissan ones. But it is pretty easy, there is nothing to it really, you just need to find your accessory connector ( see my post above) and connect your LED there (if you need instruction, let me know)..

Mine have been working great since the day I installed them, you need to get quality LEDs, so many available are available on amazon, single color or RGB, with brightness UP/DOWN. Unfortunately the ones I bought are no longer available on amazon.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi @PacoNissan1992

Mine are connected to the TL_LMP, so they come on with the headlight (at night). These LEDs do not consume a lot of power, so you have plenty of power on the ASC connector.

The brightness is controlled by the LED module itself. I do not have those anymore, these are the ones I have now:

If you do not have ASC on your 2014, then you can use a fuse in your fuse box to power them.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi Assad, good evening !!
I'll check tomorrow that area to confirm if I do have the ASC, is possible it came w/my factory kick plates assy kit. being controlled by the lights switch, if's present it's port #3 from the TL_LMP that could be the same in (2015) & (2014) I did some review in the new set that U. suggested me w/the link, but doesn't offer the 3 preset brightness levels, instead has the light tones build into the APP but has to be manually applied every time. I like the fact in yours that all (3) steps respond automatically according w/the lights command position.
Attending U. technical advise, regarding amps, if all are in place I'll just tap from the same port #3 to feed the LEDs strip kit.
Wanted to mention a little apart from this subject even, that I do have all my exterior lights upgraded w/LEDs bulbs & installed the OEM Nissan Day light running lights, I ordered some dual color of well reviewed Amber sequential (Turn) w/ DRL LEDs Strip to test all & decide which one I'll install, to rejuvenate the 2014 fascia.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts