Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Picking up a new to me 2015 Platinum with Teck Pkg Monday. With one of the first things I do with new rides is swap out bulbs with LED's, where I don't need resistors for the exterior, and all interior, are the interior bulbs old style or LED too? It has LED headlamps and tail lamps, what about the fog/driving, license, back-up, etc? I forgot to look. TIA

·
Registered
524 Posts
Not LED

- Fogs
- Front Turn Signal
- Rear Turn Signal
- Rear Plate Lights
- Rear Backup Lights

I'm not 100% sure on the following are LED or not, but they are halogen colour temprature.

- Rear Cargo Area Light (I think Halogen bulb)
- Vanity Mirror Light (I think LED with Halogen colour temperatures)

·
Registered
771 Posts
The rear cargo bulb is halogen and very weak. It was the only Interior bulb I needed to swap with LED for my purposes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at superbriteled.com they have a vehicle selector. I use them for my keeps and other cars I've bought, never had an issue with cost, product or shipping. I've always changed interior and most exterior, excluding blinkers because I don't want to deal with resistors, and they've been markedly brighter. I take delivery on Monday on my new to be 15, anticipating doing the same.

·
Registered
771 Posts
What bulb did you use? I'm looking to swap mine but wasnt sure what type of bulb and if LED is much brighter?
These are what I used and super bright. It says they don't fit, but to get a brighter bulb, you need to go slightly wider, which just means you have to bend the metal bulb holder bracket out a little - very easy to do and bulb snaps in.

JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright Canbus Error Free GX-3020 Chipsets 1.25 inches 31mm DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175 LED Bulbs,Xenon White

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013TWUVMM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you change your fogs to LED for aesthetic purposes to match LED headlamps? No fog issues here for a need.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Did you change your fogs to LED for aesthetic purposes to match LED headlamps? No fog issues here for a need.
I changed them primarily for better light output. Even without foggy conditions, the lighting to the sides is vastly improved for intersections, dark curves/turns. Hopefully the LED fog bulbs will never burnout either. It was also a nice “plus” that they now match the headlights.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I changed them primarily for better light output. Even without foggy conditions, the lighting to the sides is vastly improved for intersections, dark curves/turns. Hopefully the LED fog bulbs will never burnout either. It was also a nice “plus” that they now match the headlights.
Thanks. Did you use 6k or 4k bulbs? These are superbriteleds.com picks.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts