Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the time has come for the post winter polish & detail. I already know I'm gonna Zaino my Saturday away, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any good interior detailer that I can pick up at the local Auto Zone? I've already ruled out the great Armor "Oil", that stuff will never touch another one of my vehicles.
Anyways, any advice will help alot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i use meguiars natural shine on the dash and plastics in the mo. gives it a bit of a shine for a couple days then goes back to the factory finish. and smells good too.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I use Toyota leather and vinyl treatment. I've had a can of it for 5 years at least. It cleans and leaves the vinyl a tiny bit slicker than factory, but dry. Hard to explain. When you wipe it on, you can see the surface sucking it up. I had a Toy 4x4 for 3 years and used it on it about 4 times. When I sold it, the guy who bought it said the dash looked and felt brand new. I have used it on all of my vehicles since then. When Mo gets a bath, I use the drying towel to dust the dash and it never takes off the treatment.
For door seals I use lexol vinylex wipes. My seals look factory new and are not greasy.

Lexol Vinylex

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've been detailing cars for a long, long time. For the interior vinyl, I only use 303 Aerospace Protectant. The stuff is awesome compared to anything else I've used. It is a bit more pricey, but I really believe in this case, you get what you pay for.

http://www.303warehouse.com/

For Glass clean, try this stuff out:

http://www.invisibleglass.com/index.htm

Now I'm going to warn you, once you use these products you'll be hooked and won't be able to use anything else you may still have lying around. Just throw the other stuff away because you won't even want to give it to anyone once you see the difference.

My oldest son, 29, just bought a slightly used expedition and brought it over to show it off. The windows were filthy both in and out, from the use of windex or some such product, so I grabbed a couple of cans of the Invisible glass and he and I went to work with a couple of microfiber towels.

10 minutes later, he left taking a can of the invisible glass cleaner and a microfiber towels with him.

Another convert!

·
Registered
758 Posts
invisbleglass

You may convert me. I am going to buy some. About six months ago I had my car washed and specifically told them not to touch the inside. When I got to the car , the glass which had been perfect prior to going through the car wash, was streaked so bad I could barely see out of it. I have tried to clean with Windex, but have had no luck, still streaks, especially when I allow any kind of humidity to get in. The humidity is a real issue here as I like to drive with the windows open when temps permit. I am going to buy the invisibleglass and give it a try. I appreciate the recommendation as this has been driving me crazy for the past six months.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Invisible glass is the best.

Make sure to leave the doors open when you're doing it - it has a strong smell. Not offensive - just strong.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
10 minutes later, he left taking a can of the invisible glass cleaner and a microfiber towels with him.
So I don't have the only kids who do their shopping at Dads' warehouse.

I like the invisible glass as well. I only use it on the inside windows because the outsides get messed up quickly regardless of what ya use.

I've often wondered if the invisible glass works as good as it does solely due to the effort required to remove it.... :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Guess I'm going to have to try the Invisible Glass. I've tried many different "Auto Glass" cleaners, and haven't been very pleased with any of them.

As a side note, I've heard that you are NOT supposed to use Windex on auto glass, something about it not being good for the coating on safety glass or something.

I just sent away for a "free" sample kit of 303 products listed on their site here:
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=freesample
$5 to try out a broad range of their products seems pretty reasonable to me! Has anyone tried their window washer tablets? Good window washer fluid (that won't freeze at 0 degrees F) is something else I'd like to find.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have had great luck using black and white news paper and ANY glass cleaner. Try it... The news paper never streaks.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Gonzo said:
I have had great luck using black and white news paper and ANY glass cleaner. Try it... The news paper never streaks.
I've heard that before and it just seems so weird to me! Newspaper is so dirty. Guess I'll have to try it sometime just to see.

Funny how sometimes the simplest and cheapest solutions are so much better than the extra-spiffy-special-purpose-super-duper-best-of-the-bunch-ultra-rags-at-an-outrageous-price! :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Remember to use black and white news paper. I find it works better as the paper gets wet from cleaning.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Newspaper does work really well.

While it does get the windows really clean - it makes a mess of your hands. Plus, it tends to tear easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts