Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these LED accent lights located on eBay or any other type? If so, how many LED lights did you need to provide this type of illumination?

See this link for more info:
http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com/car-lights/streetglow-neon-tubes.html

I figured, if you can't beat the orange, than join it. I thought someone in this forum indicated they put some in their vents , which I thought would look pretty cool. I would love to see some pictures.

I couldn't find anything in my forum search.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over 60 views with no reply???? Come on......anyone?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, now if only Katsu can provide some specifics on number of LED's and location.

Also, I think someone on this forum did the vents. Pictures and location would also be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I have seen puter case lights that were 12V that might do pretty well. I've seen them in all colors.

A Sample

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mgthe3,

I like your thinking. I would guess that those lights would put out much more light then LEDs, but it doesn't come in orange. :(

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
MoPAr and i

Both used incandesent lighting for the foot wells. One bulb each side does the job.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Grip,

I'm guessing those were on Mod Mo. Do you have any old picts of them?

-Biggun

·
Registered
69 Posts
My white LED interior lighting. Pictures were taken on a cloudy day so the lighting effect isn't as bright compared to night time. Lights are tuck and hidden underneath dash and rear seat. Reason why I chosen white is not to be common like anybody else with blue as being a popular color etc. Also for white lighting helps act like a flashlight that I can find stuff fallen onto the floor.

Switch mounted to turn on or off the lights that it is easy to reach as well hidden.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
moranO,

Thanks for the great pics. The lights look great.

Although, no one has stiill answered my original inquiry:

1. Will the LEDs produce the same lighting effect?

2. If so, how many are needed?

·
4,994 Posts
Looked

Sorry no pictures left. Maybe MoPar does?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought a bunch of led red lights months ago, these led lights I have were ment to be mounted in computers as a mod, but seeing that they're wired to run off 12V makes them also good for car mods too.

LEDs use almost no amps, and do not get hot, and will out last your car (unless you are still planning on driving your car in 2028)

Here is the a site with the LEDs... there are many sites selling them, and you should be able to find MUCH better pricing if you google "Lazer LED". (I got mine for 2 bucks each on sale)

http://www.glowire.com/Lazer LEDs.htm

Red, blue, green, white, amber & UV are available.....

At night I'll see where I'm going to place them and how many I'll need ... I want to place them under the seats and under the dash to give off a cool glow effect from everything that has a overhang, but only when a door is open ... not driving around with a glowing car :D

and use velcro to mount where I want them.

When I do this I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them here.

ugh... while looking at the site I listed above, they have photos of people using them in their cars... they stole my idea

http://www.glowire.com/automotive.htm

·
Registered
747 Posts
this guy really got hooked

I really like the look of the LED's but this is a little extreme:p

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: this guy really got hooked

"a little"? if someone showed me their car and it looked like that I'd fall over laughing!

If I was 20 years younger I'd like just a tiny use of the elwire ... around the console that the shifter is located wouldn't be that bad... then again, when I was 20 I was driving my RX-7 140 miles per hour on I-95 ... things change.

Could always paint the inside of your car with UV paint that only shows up under uv (black light) and really make your car something they'd use at the circus to unload all the clowns.

Kids use this stuff to paint their dorm rooms ... I've used it in the past for a Halloween party, great stuff.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you can't beat them, join them!

Well, after putting this mod on hold for a long time, I decided to look at it again.

I decides to accent light the vents instead of the floor with LED lighting. I'm guessing that 2 in each vent will add just enough light to give it a glow. My choice of color.....ORANGE! Well, actually its amber, but looks orange - similar to the Mos interior lighting. My new motto for this mod is, if you can't beat them, then join them.

Below are some picts I took on how it is going to look when I install them. I plan to have a switch under the radio to turn them on/off as desired.

·
4,994 Posts
Beacuse I love em.

:D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Beacuse I love em.

GripperDon said:
Thanks Grip, I love em too.

Livin,

First off, the lights will have a function. How many times have you wanted to redirect the airflow through your vent at night and not be able to place your fingers on it at a moments notice. Well now that is a thing of the past! :2:

But serious, it is a matter of preference. I think I will like them for a long time....why?

1. I did it myself and I can take pride in them each time someone new comes in my car and comments on them.

2. They are only used at night, so its not something that I will see each time I drive my car, thus not getting bored at constantly see them.

3. They will have a switch, so if I don't want to see them, they can see shut off.

4. The light matched the interior lighting perfect and is subtle - in the sense that someone may think that it is stock from the factory. If it were a strobe light, then I could be your point.

5. It's "accent" lighting! I don't know anyone that sees accent lighting an goes, "Boy!, that would really look nicer without accent lighting". Even TV's have it now a days.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mood Lighting

Well, after almost a year I finally started to get back on this project. The 09 "mood lighting" has inspired me again. I guess this is the getto version of "Mood Lighting" for us earlier model Mo owners.

The first thing that I was concerned with was keeping the lights in place. I thought about crazy glueing them as some suggested, but decided on LED holders (see bleow).

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to drill the holes, since a drill may be tuff to get in some of these locations.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Mood Lighting

biggun said:
Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to drill the holes, since a drill may be tuff to get in some of these locations.
bg-

Obviously you know what you are doing, but I believe this is worth mentioning for the sake of others who may be attempting this mod.... When drilling a blind hole in something like a dashboard it is a good idea to be very certain what is behind the area you are drilling. There is very little free space behind a dash, and a careless drill can cause a lot of damage.

-njjoe

1 - 20 of 40 Posts