Nissan Murano Forum banner

Interior lighting problem

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  I need coffee 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! There is a Murano of 2004 that has changed a bit by now. When I close the door, the inside light and the dashboard indicate that the door is open, so it works exactly the opposite. Anyone have an idea, similar experience? I've tried the negative battery rem
oval, fuses are good. ???

See less See more
#2 ·
I would guess that the door switch is shorted out. Remove and see if it can be cleaned with contact cleaner. If not, it will need to be replaced.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Pilgrim
#3 ·
Hello! Thanks for the idea. I noticed that when I close the door then you get the negative from the lock. I checked the cables and there was no open but the negative cable was 4.25V. I don't know where the door switch is, I couldn't find one in the drawings. Isn't BCM controlling that?

#5 ·
I believe the door switch is on the B column, by the latch area, sticking out. Also look on the body at the hinge area of the door.

If the switch ends up testing good, you'll want to trace the wiring, looking for any rubbing or pinching that could be causing the issue.

Then I'd be looking at the BCM, maybe getting a used one from a wreck and swapping it out.

Have a good day.

#6 ·
Hi! I replaced the bcm. Unfortunately, the bug is still there. I tried to get the service to fix the problem, but nothing. What I noticed was that I moved the door lock bowden and then there was a change in the interior light. I looked at the service manual but it has nothing. I have no idea what switches the interior light on because there is no switch at the doors. It could be some kind of signal control. I also disassembled the door lock, 2 microswitches and an electric motor.

#7 ·
Hi! I replaced the bcm. Unfortunately, the bug is still there. I tried to get the service to fix the problem, but nothing. What I noticed was that I moved the door lock bowden and then there was a change in the interior light. I looked at the service manual but it has nothing. I have no idea what switches the interior light on because there is no switch at the doors. It could be some kind of signal control. I also disassembled the door lock, 2 microswitches and an electric motor.
The door switch is integrated into the door lock assembly, which is itself connected to the BCM. The BCM pretty much runs the show as far as controlling interior components. You can find a wiring diagram for the door lock/switch in the Body, Lock and Security System file of the service manual linked below. It also has some testing procedures for the door switch.

Factory Service Manuals - NICOclub

Based on the symptom you noticed that the interior light changed when you moved the door lock, it sounds like a short in the wiring somewhere. Take Paul Day's advice and follow the wiring down the harness and look for a damaged wire. Pay particular attention to where the wiring harness crosses from the door into the frame of the car)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.