Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just purchased a 2017 Murano Platinum. I Noticed that there is no floor lighting in the car ? I know they have the interior light package you can add on but it seems like that is on all the time ?

Has anyone purchased this package ?
DOes it really stay on while you are driving ?
What have you done for floor lighting ?

THanks
Rob

Ps - Is there a search function in this forum ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine came with it and yes is on while you drive but you can adjust the intensity. It has never bother me and I even forget that is there until I drive the other car that doesn't have it and I miss it.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano Platinum
3 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to install LED's under all 4 footwells in my 2019 Murano Platinum and can't find the interior lights feed to connect to, any help with a pic might help.

I already bought the accent lighting kit and install it with the accessory connector, looks like crap by the way, can't barely tell they are on, $400.00 out the door here in Toronto, Canada

I'm waiting for the illuminated foot sills to arrive, I have the diagram, thanks Assad, for those connections to the accessory connector, I just wonder if there is a way to tap the interior lights circuit, even if it's with a relay.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
The ASC diagram that Assad posted is the ground connections for each door and dome light. The ground from a driver's footwell led will connect to pin # 7. You can pull power from the BATSAVR for the leds, which will time out and save your battery if you leave a door open.

In the link above, go to post #13 for a diagram of the wiring for each door.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano Platinum
3 Posts
Thanks PaulDay, My only concern with using the BATSAVR connection is I might be drawing to much current once I have LED's for footwell, illuminated sills and the accent lighting all being fed from that connection.

I guess I could use a relay inline and draw the power from somewhere else, then use the BATTSAVR connection as the trigger for the relay, unless you happen to know the max current from the BATTSAVR.

Either way, I'm on the right track now thanks to your post.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
My understanding is all accessories drawing their power from the ASC are limited to a combined 10 amp draw.

I'm using the ASC only for the front door sills, external courtesy lighting, the Nissan front footwell little round leds, and the shock sensor, which are all Nissan OEM addons.

For my individual footwell lighting, rear LED sills, LED cup holder lighting, and my LED ground effect lighting I draw power from a fuse splitter and just use the ACS grounds to control the door footwell lighting and rear LED sills. LED ground effect lighting is controlled by a switch located in a empty spot in the same location as the rear hatch switch. LED cup holder lighting is controlled by the interior accent lighting to maintain same level of brightness.

BATSVR times out in 10 minutes. Also the Murano is designed to totally shutoff when battery voltage drops to 11.8 volts, like if you leave the key on and the radio running. After this happens, with a good battery, voltage will go back up to about 12 + volts so the car can start properly.

Have a good day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts