Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few cars I've driven, there were options to turn the interior lights on with a single switch. Usually this was the dimmer switch for the instrument panel/radio/etc. It would have a position that would 'lock' and keep the interior lights on.

The Murano doesn't have this? Any time I want quick interior light, I have to tap both map lights. Not that it's DIFFICULT to do this, but it would be nice to get -all- interior lights on with one whammo...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Our Toyota Sienna is the same, you have to turn on each map light.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Dim Light of Transmission selection indicator

When I removed the console plat for the installation of the NAV BOX adapter I saw the easy out twist holder for the little bulb.

You can make this light brighter by removing the little amber rubber cup on the bulb. It improves the relative brightness of the indicator which goes dark out of sequence with the instrument dinner control. The color does not change as far as I can tell I think they have a color matching filter below the Letters the light shines thru. Thats why it dim, two sets of filter in reality.

You can always slip it back on if you don't like it.

Also you can buy a bright replacement from Sylvania. Just take it with you to checker or Auto Zone and use it to show them what you want. GRIP :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: Dim Light of Transmission selection indicator

GripperDon said:
When I removed the console plat for the installation of the NAV BOX adapter I saw the easy out twist holder for the little bulb.

You can make this light brighter by removing the little amber rubber cup on the bulb. It improves the relative brightness of the indicator which goes dark out of sequence with the instrument dinner control. The color does not change as far as I can tell I think they have a color matching filter below the Letters the light shines thru. Thats why it dim, two sets of filter in reality.

You can always slip it back on if you don't like it.

Also you can buy a bright replacement from Sylvania. Just take it with you to checker or Auto Zone and use it to show them what you want. GRIP :D
Don, while you had it apart did you happen to notice if the color filter below the letters was removeable easily? I assume it's just a SINGLE light under the shift positions indicator... which is somewhat disappointing. I was hoping there was a small LED for each position so I could put a different color in each one. :)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
special-k

SHUCKS1 I DID NOT Sorry :( Grip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts