Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a product that repairs interior scratches, particularly on the vinyl covering the rear hatch. I've noticed that because I keep stuff in the back of my Murano all the time, some of it tends to rub up against the door and now I'm getting some scratches. I remember seeing something on TV about a product that could do this but don't remember what it's called. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Same here,I have caffe latte int and on the rear hatch when scratched, the black base shows through.I haven't checked with the dealer yet.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
When I purchased my Murano there was a large scratch near the ignition cylinder on the plastic trim area, and the dealership used a guy they hired to come in (they called him the "vinyl guy") and while I did not get to watch in detail, I did see him apply a sort of liquid paint or polymer to cover up the scratch and then use some chemical to make the surface "pebbled" like the rest of the dash. It was quite professionally done and I don't notice the scratch anymore.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got my MO used from the dealer with 7K on her. I noticed a few scratches on the black kick panels. The detailer used some Wet /Dry sandpaper ?220? and black colored auto polish to wet it.

The polish was the cheap body wax that you can get a Wallmart that advertises it will cover up scratches in the paint. He used it on only the scratch and was extremely careful not to go to far around the scratch. He wrapped the sand paper around a pen and used it to massage in the wax, not to "sand" it.

Im wondering how well a good color matched shoe polish would work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts