Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced an intermittent excelleration problem.

From stop, you 'ease on the throttle' as normal and the car just creeps... slowly increasing the throttle, increases the rpms with little to no effect, until at about 1200 RPMs the car surges, jerking the heads of everyone in the car.

At highway speeds of 70 with cruise on... the RPMs will drop 2-300 <a feeling of weightlessness, you feel as if the driver just took his foot off the gas completely> and then the throttle kicks back in and you feel a heavyness in your seat.

I have had some success in 'making the problem go away' by pulling over, killing the car and starting it again. But I cannot duplicate it. I am unable to make it fail at will, and the problem is very intermittent, seemingly happening less often now than before.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

·
4,664 Posts
That almost sounds like an intermittant electrical connection on a sensor somewhere.

I've never experienced it, but if the computer is getting wrong data or lack of data, it may make choices based on that.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It sounds like a problem with a sensor somewhere - perhaps the throttle position sensor. You can take it to your dealer for them to scan for codes.

As for the necksnapping acceleration - I experience that in all Nissan VQ engines - they are just powerful cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts