Nissan Murano Forum banner

Intermittent Vipers ???

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  zebelkhan 
#1 ·
i remember in my taurus 98, there were at least 4 or 5 settings for variable time intervals for the viper. but in MO its only one.... then 2 more for a bit faster rain.

why didnt Nissan put more time intervals in the intermittence of vipers so if its not raining HARD and not raining SLOW, there is a setting for that.

anyone else find this a bit annoying ??

#3 ·
My 03 SE has a variable intermittent setting for the wipers as well. You turn a little knob on the wiper stalk "inside" of the rear wiper switch to adjust the front intermittent settting.

#5 ·
Page 2-18 of the owners manual.

Attachments

#8 ·
You also don't have to use the detents that follow the dashes.

I was annoyed at first with the detents being either a bit too fast or a bit too slow till I discovered that you can use the space between the detents as well. So actually I guess, they are infinetly adjustable.

#9 ·
mgthe3 said:
You also don't have to use the detents that follow the dashes.

I was annoyed at first with the detents being either a bit too fast or a bit too slow till I discovered that you can use the space between the detents as well. So actually I guess, they are infinetly adjustable.
Really? Wow, analog in a digital world, I'm impressed! (Seriously, I like analog)
And I agree that I was a bit annoyed by that too. Thanks for letting us know!

#10 ·
Makes you wonder, then, why they even put the detents in there.... :rolleyes:

I'll definitely have to try this out. Very cool.

#12 ·
Gonzo said:

Human Factors... we need/love feed back. Without the detents no feed back had to tell/feel that anything is happening.
I agree. Its easier to keep it at a detent than in between.

#13 ·
Tyler_Canada said:

Really? Wow, analog in a digital world, I'm impressed! (Seriously, I like analog)
And I agree that I was a bit annoyed by that too. Thanks for letting us know!
Digital is just dumb analog.... In the early days, Digital designers were all feeling very superior to Analog designers. Now they're going faster, they've come to realise that Digital is just dumb Analog and they're having to live by the same rules Analog's known all along.

Sure helps the test equipment makers!

#15 ·
Tyler_Canada said:

It's fake digital. Kind of like the CVT is fake analog. :D
Good one.

:2:

#16 ·
Here's a fake digital from a fake analog from a digital which is of course analog. (Did you follow that?)

Attachments

#18 ·
Speaking of which, I'll get to play around again, if I ever get the $&^%$ thing back from the dealer. So far the one day repair is up to four.

#19 ·
Don't forget...the intermittent wiper feature is speed sensitive also. So if they are a little slow at a stop light they will get significantly faster as you get up to speed. Really concerned me when I first noticed this happening, but then I read the manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.