Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealers web-sites always list some supposed internet deals. (You have to go in and ask for internet sales rep.)

Is this really any cheaper than dealing with any sales-person? (Assuming one is going to bargain hard for around invoice (which seems reasonable) - and willing to wait until they give it...)

Also - with more options should I be able to get a better deal since they may have more mark-up? Meaning if base model, pay invoice. But if you have 4K in options, pay a couple hundred less?

·
Registered
53 Posts
dougbradley said:
The dealers web-sites always list some supposed internet deals. (You have to go in and ask for internet sales rep.)

Is this really any cheaper than dealing with any sales-person? (Assuming one is going to bargain hard for around invoice (which seems reasonable) - and willing to wait until they give it...)

Also - with more options should I be able to get a better deal since they may have more mark-up? Meaning if base model, pay invoice. But if you have 4K in options, pay a couple hundred less?
HI Doug

Having just taken delivery last week my thoughts are still pretty fresh.

As it relates to the intial email (assuming you send to more than one dealer), be very specific as to exactly what you are looking for in the way of options, i.e. 2006 SL with Touring, Black on Black, No Sat Radio. This allows them to come back with an honest quote if they are looking to do the right thing. Out of the 5 dealers I emailed, only 1 came back with a price- the other 4 came back with "oh let's have you come in, test drive and then we'll talk price."

In the end, the guy who came up with the # wasn't doing ANYTHING more than you could do on your own if you walked into a dealer, edmunds or KBB #'s in hand, and said "this is how far below invoice I want you to get."

In my case, the internet guy didn't go far enough, and another dealer went $600 below invoice because he knew I was looking to make a deal on the same day.

As it relates to options, they have nothing to do with how much you should pay- what I mean is that if you want your guy to be $600 below invoice on a plain SL, vs. SL with touring, it shouldn't be any different- he should be willing to go $600 below either way.

I hope this helps, good luck with your purchase! Keep in mind that if you are looking to finance through Nissan, the rates offered this month and into next month ( Finance guy said it should carry through) are the lowest ever for this car @ 4%.

Koz

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The answer to this is yes if you do your homework. You can check Edmunds.com for "the Edmunds way" of negotiating the price of a vehicle via email - its must less stressful and you almost get a better price.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
When I ordered my MO I knew exactly what I wanted and knew that I was most likely going to have to ORDER one since the configuration that I wanted simply wasn't available anywhere.

I e-mailed ALL of the Nissan dealerships in Washington (except for Younker Nissan, because I already knew I didn't want to give them my business).

The results were quite interesting. Some quoted me MSRP. One idiot actually quoted me $1000 OVER MSRP. But several actually did have true "internet deals" which were usually just fixed pricing (no haggling, take it or leave it). Some were good deals, others weren't so good. The one I settled on had a standard internet deal of $500 under invoice for any of their vehicles (non-internet sales were the typical "haggle down from MSRP").

It just depends on how up-to-date the dealership is. If they understand the internet customers, they know that they don't have to bother with all the overhead that normal customers take. It's easier for them, easier for the customer, and the transaction is pretty quick. Internet customers generally have done their homework and know about the vehicle and exactly what they want, so there isn't the back and forth crap. The dealership that I bought from understood that, and they've based their entire business around it very successfully. Others obviously don't have a clue...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got my MO for $500 under using the internet deal. It really is a no fuss, no muss deal if you know exactly what you want. Of course they try to sell you other crap after the fact:2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts