Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose that in lieu of parking my MO out in the south 40 everytime I go somplace such the food market where there are shopping carts all over, I can hope that some friendly alien from planet Motron mistakes my vehicle for a jettisoned escape pod and installs an invisible force field on Mo just for kix.

Seriously though, I have a 2nd vehicle that I take to places such as shopping malls, etc. where I assume my MO may be prone to dings or dents. Went to a company meeting last nite at a shopping center restaurant and there were carts and old ladies all over the place. I was so happy that I had my old '92 Saab instead of the MO. I sat inside the car for a while and watched as carts were left helter-skelter all over the place and the blue haired ladies with giant Buicks as well as the soccer moms with Exploders and Hummers threw their car doors open with abandon. Good day for MO, he was at home sleeping in the garage, lol.

Anybody else this protective? My wife says just enjoy and drive, lol.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
My gf says the same thing: "it is just a car" :p

For me, when i go to a shopping mall or groceries store, i park at the furthest point i can find at the parking lot/garage where there are seldom cars want to take that spot (because it is too far and there are empty spaces near to the entrance).

If the lots are full, i usually circle aroud until i can find a spot between nice car(s) like lexus, mercz, audi, bmw, acura, infinity u know the idea. People who own such car, tend to love their cars

Call me anal...
I guess i just love the Mo.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I'm with ya bros

I park in the north 40 as well.
Tonight my son plays first violin in a concert at his school, we're takin the mom car. LOL
It has rained every dern day here and I thank the lord my Mo is silver, you have to look hard to see the dirt.
I saw that go rhino hitch step the other day here and I said hmmmm, I bet that might keep the yokals off my rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I agree, my Mo only will have a primo spot or none at all. It's not just a car, it's an extension of your pride.

Can't remember who on this list had the best line ever. He backs the Mo to the end of his driveway, gets out, locks it and walks to the shopping center.
Was that you Homer?

Bob1

·
5,268 Posts
My got one, samll dent. Sad. I did it! In the garage. It was the FX door.............hr......................got to get even!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I figure it's just delaying the inevitable. Eventually you'll get a ding. You can't keep the vehicle looking brand new forever. Sure, it's nice to delay it as long as possible, but eventually you're going to realize that you're stressing out and being worried about something that you really don't have that much control over.

I bought my 2nd car, a used CRX that was in excellent condition. The DAY AFTER I bought it, a pickup backed up into me in a parking lot. I was still in my car (even had the engine on, it was a loading zone and I was just dropping someone off). All it left was a scrape in the front bumper. I was devistated at first, but it turned out to be a good thing. Didn't take me long to realize that any vehicle I own is going to have SOME kind of blemish, so I might as well just enjoy my vehicle to the fullest and not worry so much about little nicks.

That said, if I ever catch someone who makes a mark on my car, I'll kick their ass.... :twak: I understand that I can't keep it perfect, but it doesn't stop me from getting revenge...

~ Corin

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's been only three weeks and no dings, so I'm still the guy parked in the stall at the deserted far corner of the parking lot where nobody wants to park because it's too far from the Mall. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Mo Parking

I either park in the North 40, or attempt to find an end spot. End spots next to Handicapped are my favorites because there is usually a buffer between the start of the handicapped space and the "regular" space. A white square with verticle lines through it, usually about three feet in width. I feel like I hit the jackpot when I find one of those. :jump3:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I know this sounds crazy - I like to park next to the cart return.

I figure people that are going to bring their carts back - are going to take the time to actually put it IN the return. Not leaving it in a parking spot for nature to have its way with it - which is generally in the door of someone's car.

With both vehicles I tend to park on an end spot - as close to the curb as possible. I don't like the handicap spots - even though there is generally more room - those people generally tend to use whatever they can to keep balance. I watched this older women from our church use our Murano's hood as a guide to get to her car :cursin: Good thing I just came out of church :)

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
pcs--same with me.

and GM yes, I do that too. If da olt lady put her hands on my car I'm afraid she would simply bust her azz cause if it has a fresh coat of collinite on it--it's slicker than oil. I had a dually once that when I took it to my parents house for some feast or another the grandkids would try to get on top of those huge fenders over the dual back tires----ZIIIIP! splat...they didn't try it more than once. Saw a cat try to jump on my hood once, same thing, ziiip...splat....stare.

Sometimes when parking at malls and stores I find those "new mother" extra wide spots. I say, "hey, I feel like a new mother" and take it. When I park at the dentist I take the last two spots diagonally. One of the dental assistants said, "nice car, but sometimes people like to key cars that park like that". I said, "only once on my car, and oh, for this cleaning I need a view to the car."

But honestly, I have sat an looked out the window where I have taken the Mo and said out loud to my wife, "why am I watching it? If someone dings it I can't unding it, I would just be witness to it gettin dinged...."
Oh dear, is this OCD?
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
mgthe3 said:
When I park at the dentist I take the last two spots diagonally.
ARG!!!!! I hate people like you!

I bet you're also one of those people who parks their SUV (yes, the Murano IS an SUV) in spaces marked for COMPACT cars.

Grrrrrrrr. :3:

~ Corin

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I bought my Murano to drive everyday. All cars will get dents and dings, so I try to park as close to the exact middle of a space as possible and hope for the best. What is the use to baby a car and never get the full enjoyment out of it if you are paranoid about driving it anywhere?

I think that parking your car to take up 2 spaces invites some hater out there to actually vandalize your car!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
my goodness Corin

I don't go to places that have compact cars only signs so BRRRRRNNT WRONG. :headslap:

The dentist is the only place I park diagonally in two spaces, and the last two at the end I might add, so take a chill pill d00d. My dentist is in a very busy office park, I ain't takin no chances.

Go ahead, hate me for lovin my Mo.

:confused:

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I'm with the "its gonna happen" crowd. We can love our cars, but no car is worth getting all worked up over. Not to me, at least. I mean, we didn't buy show cars here. These are daily drives. Now I don't go tapping people's bumpers to get them to move out of the way on the highway (I save that for Nascar on Xbox). But if I find (or especially cause) a small scratch or dent, I generally shrug it off. The folks who take 2 spots don't bug me until they do it in the middle of the lot, or the lot fills up and we need the extra space. That's when I drive by real close to kick up rocks on their car.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I park out amongst the new S2000s, the New Custom painted CRX rat racer, the new Caddie V, the Viper and FX, ..............no dings yet.

When I get one I will buy the side moldings, mount them over the new ding and continue to park way out.
I just had open heart surgery.It will do my lazy ass good to walk the extra distance.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
hfelknor said:
I park out amongst the new S2000s, the New Custom painted CRX rat racer, the new Caddie V, the Viper and FX, ..............no dings yet.

When I get one I will buy the side moldings, mount them over the new ding and continue to park way out.
I just had open heart surgery.It will do my lazy ass good to walk the extra distance.

Homer
He's BAAAACK!

Welcome back Homer! Glad you are doing fine now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, I can relate... deep down inside, I'm with the "it's gonna happen sooner or later crowd", and once it happens, I get over it and then I don't give sh*t if the car gets ding some more. I've owned four brand new cars in my lifetime, and I've been through the cycle. After the first real bad ding or key job, you get over it and don't give a crap anymore about getting dinged.

...but right now, I'm with the "it ain't got a mark on it" crowd and enjoying the clean looks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts