Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to the dealer within the next two weeks to make a deal on a 2005 MO: merlot, charcoal leather, AWD, and other stuff. Is there a website where I can find the invoice cost before I go to the dealer? Thanks for your help.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I spent $12 and bought the Consumer Reports Wholesale Price Report for the '05 Murano before I bought the car.

The price on the Wholesale Price Report was identical to the invoice price shown on Edmunds.com. The Edmunds information is free vs. $12 for CR, however, now you know it's accurate.

The CR report was, however, far more detailed than Edmunds. But if all you're after is bottom-line invoice price, you can't beat free AND accurate.

Don't forget the dealer holdback when negotiating. Some dealers will kick it in; some won't. I went through the Internet sales department and their first offer was well under invoice. Don't tell GripperDon, but $34,777 for a Platinum SL with Touring, Tech, Chrome Wheels, Crossing Roof Rails, Floor Mats, Cargo Mat.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
http://www.carsdirect.com is one of my favorites. Build your car and it will give you the invoice price, MSRP, and CarsDirect price. You can print it out and take it into the dealer to help negotiate. Or just order through CarsDirect and not have to deal with dealerships at all.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
You know I think I would go Cars Direct if I have to do this again unless it's a BMW or Mercedes. It was just too painfull.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have an appointment on Saturday with the Nissan dealer. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts