Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see alot of posts about iPod interfaces which make use of the steering wheel buttons and in-dash display, but do they work with the non-bose head unit in my 2005 SL AWD?

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you have a SAT button on your '05, then it works. Look for the unused harness behind your rear seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For anyone who is paying attention ot this thread. Here is my experience so far.

I purchased one of the Nissan Xterra ipod interfaces for my 2005 Mo with non-Bose stereo locally at a dealer (courtesynissan.com) for about $20 more than it would have cost from yournissanparts.com. They offered me the on-line price from the parts desk and I bought it on impulse.

It does indeed work fine with my non-Bose head unit and dashboard display. However, I do find navigation somewhat difficult. First, The dashboard display does not have enough width to display all the titles/artist/etc and this causes confusion with names which are similar because several entries can show up exactly the same. Secondly, navigating through large lists is tedious with the knob. Third, so far, I find the steering wheel buttons almost useless due to the 2 second delay built into them. You have to hold down the buttons for about 2 seconds before it responds. This too make navigation slow and tedious. Finally, it wouldn't matter if the iPod display and buttons worked while plugged in, but they don't.

I haven't researched it in the forums yet, but I'm going to take a look at the Neo Ion which apparently allows the iPod controls to continue to work in parrallel.

Larry

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Bummer

That time delay really sucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neo Ion installed and working

FYI, for anyone who's paying attention to this thread. I installed the Neo Ion and it works great so far. So much better than the Nissan adapter. The steering and radio buttons work fine with no delay and the controls of the iPod continue to work as well. The sound is good (as good as the factory stereo gets anyway). I did have some confusion during installation when there were connectors plugged itno all the jacks on the back of the radio. The instructions said there would be one empty to plug the provided harnes into. I ended up just unplugging the one that was there and leaving it disconnected. I "think" the other end of those wires are the unused connector behind the back seat which the Nissan adapter plugged into. I haven't quite figured out how I want to mount the iPod in the car so for now, the Ion unit is in the glove compartment and the iPod cable runs from there out under the dash on the passenger side.

Later,

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts