Nissan Murano Forum banner

ipod and xm

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  zebelkhan 
#1 ·
so if my goal is to have both ipod and XM in an 05 non-bose Murano, I need to do this

get a PAC audio device and run that to the port on the back of the radio (normally reserved for Satelite) and that will feed the ipod.

then since you just lost your OEM satellite hookup you need to buy a device for XM (like a roady2) and plug that into the the PAC's aux port.

Does that sound right?

Is there a better (cleaner) way?

Does having an ipod always negate your ability to control XM from the HU?

#2 ·
That is it.

Of course you can always install PAC autio and then attach a carputer to it. Now you can have:

1- All MP3s you want - I can have 80 gig worth
2- XM or Sirius Satellite - Your choice
3- Navigation
4- DVD player
5- Internet access
6 - etc.....

And all controls can be on the screen.

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

#3 ·
The only struggle that you might have is...

zebelkhan said:
That is it.

Of course you can always install PAC autio and then attach a carputer to it. Now you can have:

1- All MP3s you want - I can have 80 gig worth
2- XM or Sirius Satellite - Your choice
3- Navigation
4- DVD player
5- Internet access
6 - etc.....

And all controls can be on the screen.

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

The only thing that prevent me to install a carputer is the location to mount the LCD...

There are several genuine methods to mount an LCD posted by some forum members in the past, but none really catch my eye...

#4 ·
Re: The only struggle that you might have is...

SugarRushMurano said:
The only thing that prevent me to install a carputer is the location to mount the LCD...
The best place to mount the LCD is where the current screen is. But to use that spot you have to relocate the OEM screen.

Currently I have the OEM screen in its original place and have the carputer screen right under the radio. I just redid the work and now it looks pretty good and most people think it is factory installed. However, in the first opportunity I will switch the screens. The only thing I have to do is to extend the OEM screen wires so that they will reach down below to the new location. My 7 inch lilliput will basically drop into the place where the OEM screen was. Almost nothing required to even secure it. My only hold-up is a bit of spare time so I could do it.

#5 ·
zebelkhan

I would love a Picture, when You get a chance. I put a Sony Laptop in my Phaeton and am looking for mounting ideas.

#6 ·
Re: zebelkhan

GripperDon said:
I would love a Picture, when You get a chance. I put a Sony Laptop in my Phaeton and am looking for mounting ideas.
I have some old pictures in my gallery but soon I will replace them with updated and clean pictures...:D

For a laptop, a docking station under the seat or in the trunk would be good. Don't you think?

#7 ·
Since I need to see the screen it going to be hard in the trunk as my arms are too short to reach the steering wheel, much less get my feet on the pedals. :2:

#8 ·
non-nav only

Don't forget, folks.. you only need to replace your screen if you don't have nav. I didn't see it mentioned, so I can't assume you all know that.

Generator seems to have shut down shop for his custom xbox interface to our nav screens, but avelectronic.com still sells devices that provide 2, 3, or more a/v composite or s-vid input sets with outputs to our nav screens and 2 headrests.

You don't have to go nuts adding screens (like someone who shall remain nameless) when you can reuse the nav screen. The kit also introduces audio via rf modulator, so some audiophiles will argue the sound isn't the same, but if anyone wants to give mine a listen, just setup a time with me. Also, you do give up the steering-wheel controls for changing the music, at least until someone skilled in the art here figures out the last bits and pieces of an n-bus -to-serial adapter. In the meantime, you can always control the carputer with IR.

#12 ·
Re: Re: Re: zebelkhan

Dennis Fink said:

The pictures of your Cargo Carrier are not accessable. Thumbnails display but pictures get "Forbidden" error.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/gallery/500/9951pic2.jpg

http://www.nissanmurano.org/gallery/500/9951pic3.jpg

Everyone with a gallery should check their pictures. Many more are not accessable.
You are right! But they come up with this link, at least for me. Try it to see it works:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9951&thumb=1

Edit: They still don't. I was looking at the thumb nails. The other pictures seem to be okay. Maybe it has to do when server crashed a little while ago?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.