Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone installed the
iPod Gateway Module Kit (999U7-VR000) to their murano ? Any feedback ? Thnx.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe applies to the vehicles which have 6 CD changers. This kit connects to the head unit. ipod and/or satellite recvr connects to this kit. You would be able to control ipod from the steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that although this kit was for 05 frontier, pathfinder, xterra, it shd work with any nissan which has the 6 cd changer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
and where can it be found? dealer only?

I can't find anything on line about it.

I'm dying for a Nissan / iPod solution for my 05. I'm using the drive+play now but if I can get rid of it for steering wheel control I will!

·
Registered
281 Posts
That looks like a Nissan part number, but a search on a Nissan parts
web site does not find it. More info please!

·
Registered
93 Posts
thats great news! I think I'll try one out and be a guinnea pig and see if it works w/ the Murano. If it doesn't you all owe me $5. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just saw this. Compatible with 05-06 Pathfinder (Requires Bose CD6)

Is that the same headunit as what we have in the MO? Also, I'm a bit confused as to which kit I would purchase. Our MO has the SAT button in the HU, but we do not have the XM/Sirrius Kit installed. Would I get the w/Factory Sat radio, or the w/o Factory Sat radio?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I found one on eBay for $179 + $10 shipping. (non-satellite model) $199 for Satellite equipped.

i should have it installed by mid next week, I'll update this thread once I know if it works or not...

·
Registered
37 Posts
great news ...I was gonna get the aai-nis2 ...but this is a much better solution. I hope it would work on our bose system...... :2:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Krzydmnd said:
I found one on eBay for $179 + $10 shipping. (non-satellite model) $199 for Satellite equipped.

i should have it installed by mid next week, I'll update this thread once I know if it works or not...
Good luck man, I really want a good solution for my MO as well.

:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I should get the Sat version, or the non-sat version? I don't plan on putting in an XM receiver in, but I do have the Bose HU and the Sat. button.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anybody who knows for sure if the gateway works with the Murano?

This would be the best solution, much better than the PAC-NIS 2 since it would allow for iPOD steering wheel control and titel display.

·
Registered
93 Posts
as far as I know I'll be the first on on this forum to test it. I have a feeling it will NOT work since the Murano display is different than the standard Bose unit in the Frontier and Xterra.

I hope to have it this week and will let you all know once I install it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree. I would be surprised if it would work but more than happy of course. Why wouldn't they market it for the Murano if they could?
I guess we'll find out soon.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Why wouldn't they market it for the Murano if they could?
Possibly because of minor glitches, but the overall functionality still works.

.....We will see. ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had ordered on on eBay and I received a message from the auction holder that when he went to ship it he found one of the adapters in the kit was missing. It would not be in until later this month. Since I was so hesitant to even try it in the first place I cancelled my order with him.

Sorry, I was hoping to do the testing for us but the more I thought about it I came to the conclusion that if was going to work Nissan would list the Murano on the approved vehicles.

I'd love to learn differently if someone else tries it so please keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Based on the install manual that Vince provided, I would install the ipod module where the Sat receiver goes (behind my rear seat) for my 2005 Mo. The sat-harness is already there for the 05, so if you are not currently going to use the OEM sat in your Mo then it would be the ideal spot. All you would need to do is install the module and run the ipod connection to your center console instead of the glove box. IMO, the center console is a better place foe easy access anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts