Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this board, and I was looking for some help or advice...I have a 2003 Murano and I am hoping to install my iPod. I have already purchased the necessary satellite adapter from Pacific Audio.

A few questions for those who have already done this...when the install is complete, will I be able to see song/artist info on the center screen? will I be able to control the iPod with the steering wheel or in-dash controls? And where is the best place to mount the iPod?

Any help and/or advice in this project is much appreciated.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Unfortunately all you can do is change the volume. See my gallery for installation photos. I placed it to overcome these problems. GRIP :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it mounted to the seat or the center console? It's hard to tell from the photo. And is that a custom mounting device or is it something I can buy somewhere?

It looks really great.

·
5,100 Posts
I made it out of a piec of black plastic pipe and the Belkin IPOD in car amp and holder. Then cut the plastic pipe to the shape of the center consul just to the left of the cup holder so it would still allow water bottles to fit. A couple of black screws and and it was good to go. The Belkin connector was used to go into the bottom of the IPOD. I by passed (cut away) the Belkin amp so I could send the line signal from the IPOD directly to the PAC unit. The power comes from the center consul lighter. The advantage of this setup is that it falls directly to hand and also lets you see the screen on the IPOD and twirl the IPOD dial. I don't have that MO any more but I could take some pictures tomorrow of the mount and post them so you can see the details. GRIP

·
5,100 Posts
You BET, Hope to get it today, but with 2 birthdays and an Airport pick up it may be tomorrow. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
Here are the promised pictures.

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
ipod

Another

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Ipod Mount

Final one

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Ipod Mount

Final Final ONE

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks alot GripperDon! Those pictures are very helpful.

Just a few additional questions...did you have to do alot of drilling of holes into the center console to run the wires from the iPod? From the looks of it, I would assume you ran the wires through the side of the center console, then underneath the gear shift area to the back of the radio receiver. Is this correct? If so, just wondering how many holes I would have to make my MO!

Thanks again

·
5,100 Posts
I didn't make any holes except the two that the screws made going into the side of the console. Those closed up pretty well and I traded it in that way. I ran the wire under the side edge of the console to get to the PAC UNIT. Mine (PAC) was mounted in the rear but it does not matter one you have the wire under the edge of the console cover go where you want. I put a piece of wood into the plastic pile I got at home depot to stiffen it up as I cut the side of the pipe to the shape of the side of the console to get the pod at the "just right spot"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts