Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site - new Murano owner - 2006 - super black - s model.
I have the convenience package. I don't have the Bose system or XM radio.

I am looking to integrate my ipod into the factory radio. I've explored other posts on this site but there seems to be no clear method for connecting an ipod. I am not necessarily interested in controlling the ipod with the steering wheel - if that can be done, all the better. I just don't want to use a crappy FM transmitter.
Anyone have any luck?
Thanks everyone. I am really loving the Murano....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
atxryan-

Check out the AAI-NIS2 from PAC Audio.

This is from the PAC-Audio website:

New Product!
The AAI-NIS2 works with XM/Sirius Satellite ready Infiniti and Nissan factory radios. It allows audio from devices like Apple's iPod™, VCP, MP3 players, Portable CD players, DVD players or aftermarket satellite receivers to play through the stock stereo system. It has two auxiliary inputs which are selected by the SAT/Radio button on face of radio. The AAI-NIS2 Utilizes the steering wheel or radio buttons to send out commands to PAC's optional SWI-X which can be used to control an MP3 player, DVD, VCP or most devices that use an infrared remote. The AAI-NIS2 also comes with negative remote output which can be used to turn on devices when ever the radio is in Aux1 mode.

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but

yeah, this is a good lead, however - I apparently dont have an 'AUX' or 'AUX/SAT' button on my factory radio. I am not sure what this means for this type of setup - I may be s.o.l.?
please advise...

I suppose it maybe better to start shopping for an aftermarket CD player with an aux jack of some sort.

R

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
OR

Install a MR. Z Carputer and have it all, NAV, DVD, Computer, XM etc. Attach a Data Card into the PC slot, sign up for Sprint Internet Cellular (OR Verizon etc) and it's all on the go, That's what I have on my Mo's replacement.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: thanks, but

atxryan said:
yeah, this is a good lead, however - I apparently dont have an 'AUX' or 'AUX/SAT' button on my factory radio. I am not sure what this means for this type of setup - I may be s.o.l.?
please advise...

I suppose it maybe better to start shopping for an aftermarket CD player with an aux jack of some sort.

R
You must have a 2006. In that year the button that switches between radio and CD also switches to Sat but only if it detects it. A PAC audio "fools" the system into thinking there is one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts