Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
how is that proclip holding up for you?

I have one and tried it w/ my GPS but it constantly vibrated like an electric toothbrush and made the screen blurry.

I figured the iPod would be the same way so I never bother getting the iPod adapter for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Krzydmnd said:
I have only had it installed for a couple of days, but, so far it has been solid and vibration free. I'm very happy with it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Krzydmnd said:

I have one and tried it w/ my GPS but it constantly vibrated like an electric toothbrush and made the screen blurry.

I figured the iPod would be the same way so I never bother getting the iPod adapter for it.
Krz,

Make sure your proclip is properly installed. It will click into the space between the chrome and the dash, but the proper placement is between the radio and the chrome.
(If you have one, that analysis should make sense)

Toffer's pictures show it properly installed.

I use a proclip for my gps, I have no vibration at all.

I didn't use the sticky tape that came with the clip, just the friction alone hold it in place. If this does not resolve your issue, contact proclip. It should not vibrate excessively.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
I have two proclips - one on each side of the radio. The one closer to me is for the cell phone, the other for the Gen 2 ipod. Neither vibrates at all. as Mr3Putt noted, proper installation is the key.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

Krz,

Make sure your proclip is properly installed. It will click into the space between the chrome and the dash, but the proper placement is between the radio and the chrome.
(If you have one, that analysis should make sense)

Toffer's pictures show it properly installed.

I\
Here's a Proclip NOT properly attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
my bad... I have the Pro.FIT brand, not the Pro Clip brand.

SO now that I know which one I SHOULD have I'm not sure which iPod cradle to get.

I have the 30 GB VIDEO iPod and they list two SKU's that allow cable integration. I have the Monster charging cable and I really like it because it has a line out connection right on the 30 pin connector so I don't have to plug in to the headphone jack. I'm not sure if it will work w/ any of the cradle options other than the first one where I'd have to disconnect it every time.

by chance, does anyone have the same charger/audio cable that I do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The proclip I have in my pictures is Item Number: 840651, Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Cable Attachment Apple iPod Photo 60GB. I used it with a SiK imp. Proclip says it will work with anything that is the "standard" size. I can confirm that there is no extra room. If your Monster is the same size as your Apple supplied cable, it will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts