Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have installed the factory XM module and the factory iPod Module from Nissan. Music plays fine through XM and also when I connect the my iPod it also plays and shows MP3 Tag information on my display. But I am having an issue with the controls on the radio. My RPT/PRG button has no response, when I use the CAT button all it does is change the song to the next song from the artist that is already playing. If I hold it down again it will skip to the next artist in Alphabetical order. the SEEK button just skips to the next song or Previous song. I currently have 4 play lists on my iPod, but I can't seem to get them to list or allow me to choose them. Is anyone else having this issue or am I doing something wrong or maybe have a bad module for the iPod. Any suggestions or Ideas please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gquiring said:
Keep pressing the folder button until you see Cancel, then press Seek. Now you will be up 1 layer in the menus.
How many times should it take? I pressed it around 30 to 40 times with no luck. I was at my local Nissan dealership today and I found out that there is another module, that according to the parts rep is designed for the '06 Armada and Titan only. He is ordering it for me to try out to see if it solves the problem. gquiring thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gquiring said:
What is it displaying when you press the Folder button?
When I press the Folder button it shows "Searching" and just goes to the next artist in alphabetical order.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Since you mentioned the folder/cat button, you must have an 06 murano. That means that you have a new murano and you need the Titan module, not the xterra module.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rixmo said:
Since you mentioned the folder/cat button, you must have an 06 murano. That means that you have a new murano and you need the Titan module, not the xterra module.
Thanks rixmo, I ordered it on Saturday, should be at the dealer by this Wednesday. I will post here if that solves the issue. Let's Hope it does.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I picked up the iPod Module designed for the '06 Titan. Works like a charm, I can now scroll through my play lists and have full control over the iPod from my head unit. To Recap '06 Murano needs '06 Titan iPod interface for proper operation. Thanks for the help rixmo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bmw911driver said:
Can you change songs with your steering wheel Up/Down button on your 2006 Titan? Can't do this on my 2006 Murano.
Actually I have an '06 Murano also, I am just using the adapter designed for the '06 Titan, and no I can't change songs from the steering either. it just scrolls through the iPod menu system. Oh well, I'm just happy to be able to control my iPod from the radio.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Right.
I still wonder if the official release i-POD interface for the 2006 Murano might eventually have this since I'd rather change songs with Up/Down than anything else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Brian Cadigan:

Ok We checked a bunch of things for you, here is what we got, the
Steering wheel selection is Good for Volume ONLY this is even the casewith SAT, the steering wheel will not change the SAT stations either, it will allow you scroll the different music types, but you must use the Head unit to make your selection. This apparently was the design of the interface.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bmw911driver said:
Brian Cadigan:

Ok We checked a bunch of things for you, here is what we got, the
Steering wheel selection is Good for Volume ONLY this is even the casewith SAT, the steering wheel will not change the SAT stations either, it will allow you scroll the different music types, but you must use the Head unit to make your selection. This apparently was the design of the interface.
Actually when I disconnect the iPod and listen to the XM, I can scroll through my satillite Pre-Sets just fine. The channel up/dn button on the steering wheel is designed to change the presets, whether you set them as FM/AM or XM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts