Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm from australia and I have just bought a brand new top of the line murano ti (your LE I believe)

It has basically everything, satnav, Bose stereo etc, but one thing I have noticed that's missing compared to your model is the iPod integration.

I have the AUX inputs behind the centre console, which work ok with my iPhone, but I have no control from the steering wheel.
What i would like to have is the iPod display on the touch screen.

Does anyone know where the 30pin connector plugs into?
I would assume that the socket is there, just with nothing plugged into it, as Australia always seems to get the stripped down version of evereything (I also don't get the card slot either but i don't care for that)

I can't see Nissan changing the entire satnav box/electrics just so they didn't have to include the iPod integration...

If anyone knows where everything goes and/or is, that would be great.

Hopefully i can get an aus Nissan dealer to install it for me, or if it is simple plug and play, buy the cable and plug it in myself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that does not exist on the Aussie muranos. The only thing inside the console is the 12v charging point.
We don't get iPod integration on our models, which is why I'm hoping there's a socket somewhere in the loom to connect the integration cable into to run to the console box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah that does not exist on the Aussie muranos. The only thing inside the console is the 12v charging point.
We don't get iPod integration on our models, which is why I'm hoping there's a socket somewhere in the loom to connect the integration cable into to run to the console box.
Hi Aussiemurano, I have spoken to several Nissan dealers and car audio people and they all say the same thing, it cant be done. The radio etc. are different to the one they get in the USA, I have found one way around it but not the best solution. I hope to have a better one soon. PM me and I will send you the details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I'm another aussie murano 2010 owner and I'm looking to have the same thing installed in my MO. I have been searching the net for a month now for a solution but I can't seem to find one.

What was the option you mentioned that was not the best solution?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Guys,

I purchased a Xcar Link Adapter recently from Sydney INstallers.
They told me it should work.

I'll install it most probably tonight or over the weekend.

I'll let you know how good or bad it is.

Cheers,
Marc

·
Registered
109 Posts
Okay, finally tried to install the Xcarlink.
Unfortunately I don't get it to work, which could be my fault as well.

The AUS Murano (at least my model) uses a Panasonic head unit, very similar to the one used in AUS Maxima J32 models.

The Ipod adaptor plugs into the rear of the head unit, and two additional wires (yellow and red) need to get connected as well.
I only used temporary connections, as I wanted to test the unit first.

I'm not sure if the unit doesn't work because of the AUX port in the rear of the car, as my Ipod worked the whole time when plugged in to the AUX port.
I have found no manuals which explain how to deconnect the rear AUX port.

I'll try the AUS Murano forum, may be they have some more information.

Cheers,
Marc

·
Registered
109 Posts
Me again :)

Got the car finally serviced today and asked the Nissan dealer to fit the Xcalink Ipod Adaptor, as I didn't want to connect the additional wires.

When I picked the car up the dealer said that it works, but the volume is very low.

Fact is, the unit doesn't work at all! No steering wheel controls, and basically no music from the Ipod. Only a little hint of it when the Ipod and the volume of the head unit are on full blast.

The work cost me $120 and I had to rip it out myself on top.

So, I'm not a happy camper and will have words with the Nissan dealer tomorrow.

The head unit is a Panasonic, Nissan part no CQ-2525915JN91E

I hope Nissan will offer a solution, because a car build in 2010 should have FULL Ipod integration.

I am sure the existing AUS ports a re part of the problem, but I didn't find a way to disconnect them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It seems as though Nissan has made things very difficult if not impossible to fully integrate an I Pod unless they offer it. Having owned my 2011 LE with NAV for a few weeks I will say that the factory equipped version works flawlessly so it was worth the extra bucks to me. :)

My wife's 2009 SL works OK through the AUX inputs, so at least she has the option to listen to her stuff which is she said is just fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, Travelling Guy. On your wife's 2009 SL, are the auxillary jacks you're talking about the RCA jacks in the back of the console? Can you use the steering wheel controls to adjust the sound, etc., and do you get any information on the screen? I've got a 2009SL with just the RCA jacks. I couldn't believe it because I thought I had a upgraded radio package, being the Bose radio et al, but none of the Ipod connections that are shown in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
136 Posts
When she uses the I Pod connected to the Aux Jacks, you don't get any info on the screen about what's playing, so you need to use the I Pod to change songs. The volume controls work, but that's about it.

Also, I would invest in a 30 pin to two RCA jacks cable versus a one that plugs into the headphone.

Another handy thing to purchase is a pair of 90º RCA Male-Female connectors as when she had the RCA jacks plugged in to the Aux Jacks located on the back of the console in her SL, they stuck out quite a bit.

Circle

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have an iPod connector going to the RCA at the rear of the console - can't compare the sound with one that is plugged into the headphone socket - but I will say that the sound I get out of the Bose is really good. Better than the sound from the XM radio and better (I vaguely recall) than that from my CD changer - which I almost never use.

I was in the Nissan dealer that I like in MA some time back and asked the Service Agent if they could install the Factory Nissan iPod system into my SL, the one that you could only get on the LE. He made a call and said they could- for $500.

I thought about it and decided not to spend the money. I sometimes think I should have gone for it there and then.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts