Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '06 Midnight Blue Murano SL. What a machine!

I had my iPod mini connected to my '03 Avalon via an FM modulator (a Belkin unit). It was okay, but the audio quality was not great.

I understand that Nissan will have an OEM unit in a few months to go with my 6CD Bose unit. Just in case this is delayed, I want to connect the iPod to my MO as soon as possible. (My old adapter went with my Avalon when I sold it.)

Is there a good solution where I can make a direct connection, or should I go the FM transmitter route? If I go the FM modulator approach, which one(s) should I consider?

Also, is there a spare input on the Bose 6CD Radio that I can select from the dash (or from an external module)? (I had the dealer install the Nissan XM Sat. Radio upgrade before I took delivery. It is spectacular!

I scanned the iPod postings on this forum but really couldn't find a solution that includes the drawings and instructions.

I have someone helping me, a person experienced with cell phone car kit installs, pro clip mounts, etc. So, if we can view some Murano-specific installation drawings or instructions, the install will go much smoother.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
243 Posts
until that OEM adpater comes out.. i'm sticking with the tape deck adapter.. it's not that bad, once u get used to it. :D

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I think installing PAC AAI-NIS2 unit is fast. You will get a very good sound quality. But it will cost you. Plus you have to remove it when you’ll get the OEM. So stick with the tape adapter and wait for OEM unit. FM transmitter; if someone tells me I have to use FM modulator with my IPod, I would shoot myself…..

Check this 2 treads:
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6310&highlight=Ipod

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5469&highlight=pac+install

I am not sure what instructions you are talking about. It is basicly plug-n-play.....

You can find the best instruction on removing the radio here (big THANKS to jaak):
http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/Main.htm

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Harmon Kardon connects to the radio directly through an aux. input or via FM Modulator.

I would use the direct aux. input. In other words, I would connect the same way as the PAC. Does that seem correct? I have XM, so do I still have a spare input? I could give up the tape if that was necessary.

The Harmon Kardon spec. says it has both direct and FM modulator capabilities. Do any of you think it will work through a direct connection with the MO's 6CD Bose Radio?

It's almost worth getting the Harmon Kardon instead of waiting for Nissan to come out with an iPod interface unit for the Murano. Also, has anyone heard of anything similar to the integrated solution provided by the Harmon Kardon unit?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Alan
[email protected]

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
To connect Harmon Kardon using aux you still need the PAC unit. Bose radio does not have a line in jack.:(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murano Driver

I figured it out. Let me know if this is correct:
I need to buy a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play for about $199. and a PAC AII-NIS2 for about $84.-$98. to have the equipment to do the iPod install.

Yikees! That's about $300 + installation.

I might as well go for a cheap Belkin Tunecast with FM modulator for the time being and wait for the Nissan OEM upgade

The only problem is that Nissan may never come out with the upgrade.

Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Yes you are correct. And no there are no alternatives, the only way how you can connect to the Bose is thru SAT port. And that mean PAC unit.
Here is couple options:

1. Use PAC only and your docking station ($90)
BTW, this is the set up I have

2. Use tape adapter ($3) - better sound quality that FM

You can leave with PAC only, trust me its not that bad. If the Nissan will not come up with OEM Ipod set up you can add Harmon at any time :D

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you said makes good sense.

I will order the AAI-NIS2, install with the iPod. I can add the Harmon Kardon Drive + Play if the Nissan OEM Module does come out.

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I belive you need PAC AAI-NIS2 and PIE 3.5-RCA6MM to connect you IPOD thru headphone port. Same port should be on the docking station.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the advice. I ordered the PAC interface and PIE cable.

By the way, I have XM on my 2006 Murano SL, but no SAT button. The SAT is one of the Radio button selections. That may make selecting the aux. input interesting, but I'm sure we will get it to work.

Again, any additional advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
alanpgh said:
Thanks for the advice. I ordered the PAC interface and PIE cable.

By the way, I have XM on my 2006 Murano SL, but no SAT button. The SAT is one of the Radio button selections. That may make selecting the aux. input interesting, but I'm sure we will get it to work.

Again, any additional advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan
[email protected]
Sorry I can not comment on this. I hope someone else can on this forum. I do not have SAT radio, so I am not sure how it works, I just heared that it is the way around...;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts