Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 20 gig and got the Nano yesterday. I have black leather and the white 20 gig didn't blend in and was to large for my taste.

The Nano is tiny! It looks like just a small strip of Velcro about .5 inch is all it will take to mount it. No large mounting brackets needed.

It will fit perfect just to the left of the radio under the heater duct within easy reach and high enough that my eyes wont need to be off the road while messing with it.

I got a thin audio wire with an L connector. Im going to run it out to the Nano from the side of the radio / dash housing. The lead should only stick out an inch at most.

Im installing the PAC units this week and will post some pics.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
dont want to kill your excitment Eddy, but i am SURE the nano is the worst product to come out of apple. being working in retail business, i have seen at least 4 nanos being returned because of defective screen, i.e. getting scratched really easily. within a month of its release apple has accepted there is a batch (in other words the whole series made until the problem is solved) with this issue.

apple would really need to work hard on it.

personally, i like creative's 5GB zen, because it has a removeable battery as compared to iPOD.

but anyway, good luck with your nano! !

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think I read somewhere (probably CNET) that Apple acknowledged the problem and will extend the warranty for the bad screens... on second thought that may only be for screens that cracked.... not too sure.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
apple is too spooky to deal with warranty.
a single out of warranty ipod incident call is about 50$ CDN. plus parts and labour if you have to ship it to apple.

plus their apple care is too darn expensive as well. i mean, for a 249$ ipod nano or mini, you have to pay about 100$ extra to cover it for 2 yrs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue is real. You also need to look at the normal usage of an iPod. Most people use it on the go and don't protect it. For me size matters. I will be using it in my MO 75% of the time and will purchase protection for it when its out and about.

I got this from slashdot as I was researching the unit before I got it.

Sam Wil writes "Apple has acknowledged a flaw in the iPod nano screen that results in cracking, and attributes it to poor vendor quality. The defect affects less than one-tenth of 1 percent of all the nanos that have shipped so far. Apple will replace the screen of affected units for free." From the article: "However, the representative said that the screen-cracking issue is separate from reports that the slim new music player is more easily scratched than prior models. Complaints about both issues surfaced shortly after Apple introduced the flash memory-based Nano earlier this month. 'A few vocal customers are saying their Nano is more susceptible to scratching than prior iPods,' the Apple representative said. Apple said the Nano is made of the same polycarbonate plastic as the fourth-generation iPod and said it does not believe the scratching problem is widespread." You may recall we had a lively discussion about the screen-scratch flaw a short while back.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Apple NANO

Great name can't wait for the Pico.

I have several Apple products and these are only my impressions.

1. Greedy company.( Max out profit at cost of anything)

2. All their portable products surface mar easily.

3. Most designed with great style and many good features.

4. All products handled a lot need finish improvement. I really really prefer metal casing and hard surface finishes. Not cheap easy to mold shiny soft plastic.

5. Apple needs a lot of improvement in the value department. Namely: Price
Stronger and longer free warranty. The $Apple care is just buying a second product from Apple at about Apples production cost. They win you lose.

Serious improvement in Customer Care, Support, Toll free lines more operators, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts