Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a iPod using the iPod Belkin audio adapter (cig plug + mini DIN audio out), along with the SAT PAC and a very high quality mini-DIN to RCA cable.

When the engine is off, the sound is clear and perfect. On the road, I hear cracking sounds (sounds like static), coming from the iPod only.

I wonder if the lighter plug could be the culprit.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soldered everything on the Belkin little board inside the cig plug adapter. Got power from the radio and also soldered the audio out wires to the board. The static is still present and it is even when the engine is off (just heard it coming out). So my next guess is that it is picked up by the PAC itself. Quite annoying when it acts up. Much like a scratched LP playing. The good news is that I just got my 12 volt plus free again.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I don't know if you are using both inputs of the PAC but I am. I have a SAT and Ipod both going into the PAC and I found out that if I am listening to the Ipod I need to have my XM turned off! Seems the isolation between inputs on the PAC is poor, both inputs go into the same IC amp chip and there is cross talk mine sounded like static also. I guess we could put a double throw relay into the inputs so that only one at a time can connect and have perfect isolation. This may not appy to you. Lots of Luck GRIP :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gripper. I only use SAT1 so this does not apply but I also found out that it does not come from all songs. This is weird. If I listen to the song using the earphones, no static at all. If I hook it to the PAC, here comes the crackling and poping noise.

It must be related to the songs themselves but it does it with songs that I downloaded from the Apple Store so I am really puzzled...

·
4,994 Posts
Sounds like a possible overdriven amp. Might try changing the input level to the PAC from the Ipod, Do you get about the same level out of the Mo sound system when you change from say Ipod to CD's GRIP :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Grip, exactly the same level with the little volume control on the Belkin adapter set to the max level.

·
4,994 Posts
AH!. I cut my wire from the belkin to bypas the belkin internal amp and directly go to the PAC. I did not realize you are still using the Belkin's amp. That amp is designed for a much lower impedance load than the PAC represents. Also it is not as good a amp as the PAC. When I used the belkin into the PAC it did not sound as good as IPOD line out (bottom connection) PM or ank JAAK for more info. But mine sound awesome. I think you are overdriving the PAC unit. Also be sure you are setting the SAT A-B-C selector to the actual input you are using. I made a mistake and was listening on the other channel via cross talk. GRIP :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grip, I am using the bottom connector as well. There is a little IC board in the cigarette plug that I kept because all the signals are going through there (12V, audio out) but the volume does not look pre-amplified from there. The little volume button looks more like a pot than anything else, limiting the volume if necessary. I tried it and the cracking sound has the same level once you increase the level of the Bose. Anyway, it has been designed exactly for this job and I would say that 50% of the songs sound Ok and the other half have this cracking sound so I guess it is coming from the music itself. I know that most people convert the music to MP3 with way too much level so you get a lot of distorsion. With iTune, it is possible to edit the output level but you have to go song by song and it is very time consuming.

·
4,994 Posts
:confused: :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Used Monster cables (to minimize interference), threaded down center console, and plugged it into Belkin adapter inside armrest. I can turn up the volume on the Belkin, almost equalize FM loudness and iPod loudness, and I get no static.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts